Uganda’s most successful soccer club, SC.VILLA will on the 17th. Sept. 2011 hold its first ever players award for the 2010/2011 season the first of its kind in the country. The event is scheduled to take place at Sheraton Hotel in Kampala. According to club president, Mr. Muwema Fred, the move is intended to appreciate those that have excelled for the club in the previous season and it will be held at every end of season.
In addition, its will also act as a sign of appreciation to the villa legends who served the club previously with all their love and passion in the recent years. The awards which have been named after those previous player will include;
1. Paul Hasule award – season’s best player 2. Ronald Vvubya award – best midfielder 3. Paul Mutakabara – youngest player 4. Magid Musisi – top scorer of the season 5. Patrick Kawooya award – to some one who has tirelessly worked for the club.
Fan’s favourite Denis Guma ( left ) in Uganda Cranes colours
The nominees are;
1. Paul Hasule award – Denis Guma, Gassana Phillip and Kalyowa Emma.
2. Paul Mukatabara award – Steven Ssekiziyivu (japan), Ssekisambu Erias and Eurukana Nkugwa
3. Ronald Vvubya award – Simon Sserunkuma, Kirabira Isaac and Eurukana Nkugwa
4. Magid Musisi award – Kalyowa Emma
6. Patrick Kawooya award – The Late Edward Luyimbazi.
The top scorer’s award automatically goes to youthful striker Kalyowa Emma – scorer of 5 goals last season and The late Edward Luyimbazi ( R.I.P ) bags the Patrick Kawooya award.
The new boys to be unveiled
Mean while, on that very day the jogoos will officially unveil their new recruits who include Herman Wasswa, last season’s golden boot runner up who the jogoos signed from Masaka L.C. Others include Noah Ssemakula and Ndawula Moses (Express fc), Fred Muhumuzza and Benjamin Ochan ( Victors ), Okoth Denis ( Gulu Utd ), Musana Ronald ( Masaza cup ), Ssenfunka Patrick ( Maji fc), Ayub Kisallita ( Buna ) and Congolose import Terry Etumba.