1st leg AFCON 2015 Qualifier (2nd round)
Sun 18th May 2014
Madagascar Vs Uganda
3pm (Time in Madagascar, 2PM in Uganda)
Venue: Stade Rabemananjara – Mahajanga (Artificial turf)
Auguste Raux, head coach for The Barea, Madagascar’s national football team has named the final 18 players ready for selection ahead of Sunday’s second round qualifier against Uganda Cranes.
The squad has 3 goal keepers, 6 defenders, 7 midfielders and just 2 strikers for the match scheduled for the Stade Rabemananjara in the rosy Mahajanga town of Madagascar, which is about 500 km away from Anatanarivo, the capital.
Nine members on the team turn out for several French division one clubs, one in Belgium with Charleroi F.C and 2 players ply their trade in Algeria with USM El- Harrach.
The rest of the players are home based. Uganda Cranes’ coach, Milutin ‘Micho’ Sedrojevic named his 18 man team on Thursday evening and promised to put up an attack minded affair despite the side having 9 defensive minded players.
The team reached Madagascar safely, with the timely arrival of skipper, Andrew Mwesigwa, who joined them in Nairobi.
They are set for their maiden training on Saturday. The match on Sunday will be handled by South African referees.
The 33 year old Victor Gomes Miguel, voted 2012 PSL referee of the year is the center referee. He will be assisted by Stevens Khumalo Mothibidi and Sandile Dili Kane as the first and second assistants respectively.
Victor Lungwani Tinyiko is the 4th official while Zimbabwean Gladmore Muzambi will be the match commissioner.
1. RAKOTONIRINA Robin Jean Claude (TCO)
2. ANDRIAMIFEHY Chrétien (TFC)
3. NDRIAMPARANY Anatole Norbert (CNaPS)
4. RANDRIANOMENJANAHARY François ( TFC)
5. NJAKANIRINA Tobisoa (CNaPS)
6. TOVONAY Pierralit (CNaPS)
7. FENOLAHY Zenith (AJESAIA)
8. ANDRIAMANALINA Lantoniaina (TFC)
9. RALAIDIMY Olivier (TFC)
10. RABESON F. Mickael (CNaPS)
11. RAZANAKOTO Dina Fiononana (TFC)
12. RAKOTOHARIMALALA Njiva ( CNaPS)
13. SIMOURI Jimmy Olivier (CNaPS)
14. MANOELANTSOA Ando (AJESAIA)
15. RAVELOARISON Morelin Ardino (Elgeco Plus)
16. RANDRIAMANJAKA Rinho (AS ADEMA)
17. RAKOTONDRAIBE Angio Fabrice (TFC)
18. VOMBOLA S. Jeannot (CNaPS)