Tuesday December 9, 2014
Express FC Vs Vipers SC – Mutesa II stadium, Wankulukuku
Express FC coach Wasswa Bbosa is confident his side can end Vipers unbeaten run in the campaign when the two meet at Wankulukuku on Tuesday.
The 2010 champions are the only unbeaten side in the league so far with only two draws out of eleven fixtures.
But Bbosa; whose side is fresh from trial games in Tanzania where they drew goalless with Simba before losing Yanga 1-0 said.
“We can’t afford to lose a second in a row after defeat to Police FC,” Bbosa told Kawowo Sports.
We have no injuries bar Noah Ssemakula and the trial games we had in Tanzania were of great help. Our preparations for the game have been smooth and all I promise is that if we play as we plan, we’ll win the game.
For Edward Golola, a visit to Express FC is always a tough game but one they are well prepared for.
“It’s never an easy game against Express FC away but we shall do all we can,” he said.
Golola welcomes midfielder Mike Mutyaba back to the after he missed the 1-0 victory over SC Victoria University on Friday.
Skipper Joseph Mpande is fit to start the game while Allan Kyambadde returns to haunt his former employers for the first time since he left the Red Eagles.
Vipers sit top of the log with 29 points while Express FC are 4th with 20 points.
- Express FC have lost just once in their last six fixtures. The 2-1 loss to Police in their previous game.
- The 2011/12 champions have only lost once at home. The 2-0 opening day loss to Kira Young FC
- They have failed to score in 3 of the five home games. In the process, they lost once and drew twice.
- Express FC have scored 11 goals and conceded 10.
- VIPERS SC:
- The visitors are unbeaten in 11 fixtures and remain the only unbeaten side in the league
- With 18 goals scored, only URA FC (22) have scored more.
- In their six away games, Vipers have only drawn once (2-2 vs URA FC) but won the rest.
- Half of their goals have come away from home.
- Their only two draws in the campaign have come against ‘BIG SIDES’ – URA and KCC FC (2-2)