Tuesday December 9, 2014
URA FC vs KCC FC – Mehta stadium, Lugazi @ 4.30pm
URA FC will target a return to winning ways after a shock loss to Rwenshama FC when they host KCC FC at Mehta Grounds in Lugazi on Tuesday.
Against all odds, the tax collectors were beaten 3-2 in their previous game by a team that was yet to win a game in the league.
The five time champions welcome midfielders Oscar Agaba and Feni Ali Moses and striker Robert Ssentongo to the squad after the trio missed the game in Mityana due to various reasons but Jimmy Kulaba (sickness) is ruled out.
Agaba was serving a one match ban; Feni was injured while Ssentongo was simply rested.
With four fixtures left before close of round one, Alex Isabirye’s charges can’t afford a second straight loss as it would leave them out of the contention for the crown.
For KCC FC, they want to keep pace with log leaders Vipers who are five points ahead. The champions started slowly winning once in their opening three fixtures but head into the game full on confidence as they seek to earn their 8th win of the campaign.
The Lugogo based side welcome defender Isaac Ntege from a long injury lay off while Richard Kasagga still remains doubtful despite training towards the end of last week.
Kasule, Mugabi turn guns against former employers
Owen Kasule was an unused substitute in the 3-0 victory over Bul. FC a week ago and is most likely to walk straight into the starting XI against former employers.
Kasule left URA FC at the end of last season.
- The hosts are yet to lose at home but have won just 3 and drawn 3.
- URA FC are the highest scoring team in the league with 22 goals averaging 2 goals per game but have conceded 10.
- At home, they’ve not failed to score in any fixture and netted 14 goals in the process.
- Robert Ssentongo (7) and Feni Ali and Frank Kalanda (3) are the club’s leading goal scorers.
- The hosts are 6th on the log with 17 points.
- URA FC have lost once in the last 6 fixtures.
- Bar URA FC, KCC FC are joint second top goal scorers with 18 goals alongside Vipers and SC Villa.
- KCC FC
- The visitors have lost just once away from home. 1-0 to Sadolin Paints.
- Away from home, they’ve scored 8 goals and conceded just 3.
- Brian Umony (5), Derrick Nsibambi (4) and Brian Majwega (3) lead goal scoring charts for KCC.
- KCC FC’s last and only loss in the campaign came on day 3 of the league. They are unbeaten in 8 games.
MAN TO WATCH
Robert Ssentongo (URA FC)
Ssentongo is one hell of an opponent not so many defenders want to face. Despite his diminutive size, he is powerful, good on the ball with a brilliant shot. His seven goals in less than 9 starts for the club are testimony to what he can offer.
Brian Umony (KCC FC)
Umony has proved a reliable source of goals for the Kasasiro Boys scoring 5 so far. He is good both in the air and on the ground. If he is mood, expect him to trouble the hosts’ backline.