The Jomayi sponsored driver Ronald Sebuguzi enjoyed a brilliant end of the season with a win in the champions’ sprint Friday at Festino Site Mukono.
Sebuguzi showed a winning form, sweeping through the sprint in just 6minutes, 35 seconds along side his co-driver Cedric Buzabo. The rally driver was glad after winning the battle between him and Duncan Mubiru.
It feels so great after adding a sprint win to the championship, it was a real battle between Duncan and I, am happy that we won.
Also showing impressive form were Geofrey “Blackwidow” Kiyaga and Ritah Nakigozi, second fastest through the sprint with just 22seconds behind Sebuguzi and the current sprint champion Shafik Semujju a scant of 1 second behind Kiyaga.
Highlights of the day:
- The pairings especially of the top drivers showcased breathtaking action especially among John Consta and Shafik Ssemujja, Leila Blick and Ismael Otega, Susan Muwonge and Blackwidow and others.
- The fast paced battle that resulted in Duncan ‘Kikankane’ Mubiru’s car rolling due to much pressure exerted on him by Sebuguzi. Mubiru led run one and he over-shot in the second run hence rolling.
- Hajji Musa Muliika at one time gained good cheer from the crowd as he raced 2kms beating his opponent on three wheels.
- The misunderstandings between the marshals and the organisers that forced the rowdy spectators to intervene demanding them to arrange cars to their anticipation among others.
- The new female driver in the game Akello Christine from Uganda police graced the event.
- The casualties of the day, Musa Kabega who hit the tree, while Eddie Mukiibi and Duncan Mubiru rolled due to over pushing among others.
The sprint is indeed worth the season ender having attracted a massive crowd, roaring action and the prize giving ceremony at Big Mikes kololo, was marvelous.