Vipers’ Kezron Kizito twice came close to scoring © Kawowo Sports | JOHN BATANUDDE

Vipers saw their winning streak at their new home ground end after being held goalless by relegation threatened Sadolin Paints at St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende on Tuesday.

In a game that was characterized by missed opportunities by the home side and resolute defending from the visitors, Vipers registered their first draw at their new home and for the first time since its opening, failed to score a single goal.

The Venoms had the better of the game and twice midfielder Keziron Kizito side netted in the first half, while Captain Nicholas Wadada’s effort outside the box slightly went over the bar.

Sadolin goalkeeper Hatimu Hilbert had a heroic performance in the first half saving Milton Karisa’s shot on one-on-one situation, and the former Bul forward had a frustrating evening with two clear cut chances missed.

The visitor’s best chance of the game presented itself in the second half when Nasser Muzamiru sent in an enticing cross from the left to find a well stationed Bassan Safi whose header beat the goalkeeper, but Dan Bilikwalira was present at the right time in the right place to save the situation.

Vipers continued to press and Wadada had a couple of headers go wide, but his smashing header that slightly went over the bar in added minutes was the highlight of the second half for Miguel Duarte Da Costa’s men.

Sadolin made four changes to the team that lost 2-0 to Proline on Saturday with Dan Ekoyu, Ibra Ssajjabbi, Peter Katumba, Desmond Kyobe all making the starting lineup. Forward Fred Kyambade started on the bench while Faisal Muledhu and former SC Villa player Karim Nduggwa watched from the stands as Peter Kirumira went for a defensive lineup.

With URA winning at Kakindu 2-1 against Bul, Vipers, now with 36 points remain fourth in the league.

Sadolin Paints meanwhile dislodge Police from the tenth position on goal difference. Both sides have 25 points


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here