- Tuesday April 25, 2017
- KCCA vs. Vipers – Phillip Omondi Stadium, Lugogo 4:00pm
All roads lead to Phillip Omondi stadium, Lugogo when giants KCCA face off against Vipers on Tuesday afternoon.
Although Vipers, 5th on the 16-team table with 39 points, nine behind log leaders KCCA are almost out of the title race, Coach Jorge Miguel Duarte Da Costa has urged his side to make history by being the first away team to win at Lugogo this season.
“We are going there for victory only,” he said. “We want to be the first side to bring their unbeaten home run to an end,” added the Portuguese as quoted by the club website.
Mike Mutebi, the hosts’ tactician whose side are now clear favourites to defend their title says the title is far from won and urged his charges to stay focused ahead of the tight bend.
“We are playing against a good side in Vipers,” he said. “But the target is to always win the game and it won’t be different tomorrow (Tuesday),” he added.
Denis Okot missed the game against SC Villa in Masaka but has been confirmed fit for the clash. Derrick Nsibambi is also available despite being substituted against Jogoos with what appeared as a knock.
For Vipers, Aggrey Madoi misses out due to injury, defender Halid Lwaliwa recovers from a knock in Sunday training while youngster Frank ‘Zagga’ Tumwesigye has been included in the match day squad according to sources.
Man to watch
Geoffrey Sserunkuma – The veteran centre forward continues with his goal scoring spree and will be the key man for the hosts on the day as he looks to become first top scorer to reach 20 goals in a single league season since Herman Wasswa in 2012/13.
Moses Waiswa – When he plays well, he makes Vipers tick. An intelligent player with ability to lay that defence splitting pass will be key if Vipers are to pick a positive result from Lugogo.
- KCCA have only lost two points at Lugogo this season, won a record 10 league games.
- KCCA have only won 3 of the previous 13 league meetings, lost 7 and drawn as many.
- Vipers’ most recent loss to the Kasasiro came way back in 2013/14 when they were beaten 2-1 at Lugogo. Herman Wasswa and Derrick Nsibambi scored the goals.
- KCCA have only won once in their last 5 league games and drawn the rest while Vipers have won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1 of their previous five.
- Vipers could complete a double over KCCA for the first time since 2012/13 season.
Probable Line up
KCCA: Benjamin Ochan (GK), Denis Okot ©, Timothy Awany, Habib Kavuma, Isaac Muleme, Ivan Ntege, Muzamiru Mutyaba, Tom Masiko, Allan Okello, Geoffrey Sserunkuma and Brian Majwega.
Vipers: Ismail Watenga (GK), Nicholas Wadada ©, Dan Birikwalira, Shafik Bakaki, Halid Lwaliwa, Moses Waiswa, Deus Bukenya, Keziron Kizito, Tony Odur, Pius Wanji and Mike Sserumaga.