Egypt will play at the Championship of Africa Nations (CHAN) 2018 final tournament in Morocco, Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) has decided.
This followed a decision by the CAF Emergency Committee meeting in Lagos on Saturday which confirmed Morocco as hosts for the tournament.
Morocco had beaten Egypt in the playoffs under the Northern zone.
This will be Egypt’s very first participation in this competition, since the first edition in 2009.
Meanwhile, the Emergency Committee rejected Mali’s protest and confirmed the qualification of Mauritania which will be participating in CHAN for the 2nd time, after 2014 in South Africa.
CHAN is exclusively for players playing in the national leagues of their respective countries.
The final tournament is scheduled for 12th January to 4th February 2018.
- North zone (2 qualified + host country): Egypt, Libya, Morocco
- Eastern Central Zone (2 qualified): Ethiopia, Uganda
- Central Zone (3 qualified): Cameroon, Congo, Equatorial Guinea
- West Zone A (2 qualified): Guinea, Mauritania
- West Zone B (3 qualified): Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Nigeria
- Southern Zone (3 qualified): Angola, Namibia, Zambia