Uganda Premier League (Match Day 18):
- Tuesday, 20th February 2018:
- Soana Vs Kirinya-Jinja S.S – Kavumba Recreational Stadium (Live on TV) – 4 pm
As Soana hosts Kirinya-Jinja S.S at the Kavumba Recreational Stadium, two coaches Charles Ayiekho Lukula and Alex Isabirye will come to the fore front.
Ayiekho is a former head coach at Soana before he departed for greener pastures as Isabirye once served at Kirinya-Jinja S.S.
Ahead of the match on Tuesday, both coaches would wish to optimally utilize the plat form to prove his former boss wrong owing the vivid fact that they know the nitty griity at the respective clubs.
Kirinya-Jinja S.S kick started the second round in clinical fashion winning their first two matches 1-0 away to Proline and 2-0 at their Kyabazinga stadium home against visiting Police last week.
On the other hand, Soana fell 1-0 at home to Vipers in match day 16 before holding Mbarara City to a barren draw at the Kakyeeka stadium in Mbarara.
Kirinya-Jinja S.S will bank on the fine form of forwards Fred Amaku, Anthony Mayanja, Captain Godfrey Akol, Isaac Ntege, Basani Safi, Faisal Muwawu and Musa Esenu for inspiration.
Soana, on the other hand will dwell upon Paddy Muhumuza’s workaholic traits in the midfield.
Other players that Soana will look forward to are; Simon Okwi (scorer of a brace against Onduparaka in the Uganda Cup), Wanok Petit, Steven Ategeka, Baker Buyala, Abdallah Nyanzi, Allan Kayiwa, Timothy Musinguzi, Willy Kavuma and Emmanuel Kalyowa.
Two players now at Soana who had previously played in Jinja, goalkeeper Joel Mutakubwa and Mike Kawooya would also wish to raise to the top in the game.
Kirinya-Jinja S.S is 7th with 24 points as Soana is 11th with 20 points.
- Bright Stars Vs Express – Champions Stadium, Mwererwe (4:30 pm)
- Vipers Vs Mbarara – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende (4:30 pm)
- Onduparaka Vs BUL – Green Light Stadium, Arua (4:30 pm)
- Police Vs UPDF – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole (4:30 pm)
Wednesday, 28th February 2018:
- SC Villa Jogoo Vs URA – Masaka Recreational Stadium (4 pm)
- Masavu Vs KCCA – Fisheries Training Institute, Bugonga (4:30 pm)