- CAF Champions League (1st Leg, 1st Round):
- Wednesday, 7th March 2017
- St George (Ethiopia) Vs KCCA (Uganda) – Addis Ababa National Stadium, 4:00 pm
A delegation of 32 people (18 players and 14 officials) depart the country on Monday morning for Addis Ababa where KCCA F.C will face Ethiopia’s St George in the Champions League on Wednesday.
St George hosts KCCA in the first leg of the CAF Champions League first round encounter at the Addis Ababa National Stadium on 7th March 2018.
A quick glimpse on the list of players that manager Mike Hilary Mutebi has released to the media indicates that midfielders Julius Poloto and Muzamiru Mutyaba are part of the traveling contingent
The two gifted players have been struggling with different ailments that kept them out of footballing business for close to a fortnight until Saturday when they played against Soana in the Uganda Premier League.
In total, there are 18 players on the team that also has on form goalkeeper Charles Lukwago and his understudy Jamil Maliyamungu.
Tried, tested and proven defender Habibu Kavuma leads the cast of experienced players on the traveling team that has a big bulk of inexperienced albelit talented players.
Denis Okot Oola, Derrick Nsibambi, Timothy Dennis Awany (team captain) and Mutyaba are other much traveled players.
Star teenager Allan Okello, workaholic midfielder Isaac Kirabira and clinical finisher Muhammad Shaban are also part of the team.
The group will be led by FUFA Executive Committee member and former FIFA referee Ronnie Kalema.
They depart from Entebbe International in the wee hours of Monday morning
The winner on aggregate from both legs will enter the lucrative CAF Champions League group stages.
KCCA Delegation to Ethiopia
- GoalKeepers: Charles Lukwago, Jamil Malyamungu
- Defenders: Habib Kavuma, Filbert Obenchan, Timothy Awany (Captain), Denis Okot Oola, Mustapha Kizza, Eric Ssenjobe.
- Midfielders: Julius Poloto, Muzamir Mutyaba, Allan Okello, Isaac Kirabira, Lawrence Bukenya, Paul Mucuurezi, Solomon Okwalinga,
- Forwards: Muhammed Shaban, Patrick Kaddu, Derrick Nsibambi
Leader of Delegation
- Ronnie Kalema (FUFA Executive Committee Member)
- Manager: Mike Hilary Mutebi
- Assistant Manager: Morley Byekwaso
- Kaddu Badru Mukasa (Coach)
- Daniel Kiwanuka (Goalkeeping coach)
- Richard Malinga (Physical Trainer)
- Robert Kabuye (Coach)
- Nelson Magera (Coach)
- Ivan Ssewanyana
- Emmanuel Tusubira
Others: George Opio Okello, Josephine Namukisa (Chief Executive Officer), Magero Moses Mwanje (Public Relations Officer), Patrick Fred Ocheng (Media officer)