A 21 man delegation from Confederation of African Football (CAF) arrived in Uganda ahead of a high profile Futsal and Beach Soccer meeting at Hotel Protea in Entebbe on Monday.
The officials led by the CAF Secretary General, Amr Fahmy and his deputy Anthony Baffoe arrived at Entebbe International Airport at 3:15 a.m on Sunday morning.
Majority traveled aboard Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways and they were received by the FUFA Protocol team led by Leila Nankya at the Entebbe International Airport.
FUFA Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Edgar Watson and his deputy Humphrey Mandu warmly welcomed the guests to Uganda before they checked in at the nearby Hotel Protea, Entebbe.
Watson hinted on the main purpose of the officials’ visit;
FUFA and Uganda is glad to receive our special visitors.
Uganda will host the CAF Committee meeting on Futsal and beach soccer at Protea Hotel on Monday at Protea Hotel in Entebbe
The visiting contingent watched a couple of beach soccer league games at Lido Beach Entebbe on Sunday.
The Members of the Committee will preside over the official ground breaking of a beach soccer facility in Kitubulu, Entebbe on Monday.
Also, on Monday afternoon, they will also watch a futsal match at the International Futsal Courts of Uganda (behind AIDS Information center, Kisenyi) between Typhoons and Parakeets.
The FUFA President, also a CAF Executive Committee member, Moses Magogo is the chairperson of the CAF Futsal and Beach Soccer Committee, deputized by Tanzania’s Leodegar Tenga.
This will be the first CAF Committee meeting of this sort to convene in Uganda.
- Amr Fahmy (Egypt) – CAF Secretary General
- Anthony Baffoe (Ghana) – Deputy GS (Foot)
- Salomon Delphin (Cameroon) – Head of G.S Office
- Samson Adamu (Nigeria) – Competitions Division
- Ahmed Salem (Egypt) – Competitions Division
- Leodegar Tenga (Tanzania) – Vice President
- Mohamed Ahmed Bakeer (Egypt) – IT Department
- Ahmed Gamaleldin (Egypt) – Services Department
- Angi Yara Abdek Samia (Egypt) – Finance Department
- Abilio Do Espirito (Sao Tome e Principe) – Member
- Pasipononga Liwewe (Zambia) – Member
- Lombe Mbalashi (Zambia) – Member
- Herbert Khiba Mohoanyane (Lesotho) – Member
- Ali Harred Mohamed (Djibouti) – Member
- Cyrille Mahaforona Reboza (Madagascar) – Member
- Poobalan Govindasamy (South Africa) – Member
- Virginia Mendes Da Cruz (Guinea Bissau) – Member
- Fadil Oumarou (Cameroon) – Member
- Felix Amoah Ansong (Ghana) – Member
- Omega Sibanda (Zimbabwe) – Member
- Abdunasser Sadegh Ahmed Hussein (Libya) – Member
- Nicholas Musonye – CECAFA General Secretary