Wednesday April 11, 2018
- SC Villa Vs Police – Masaka Recreation Ground 4.30pm
With just a single win in the previous nine league meetings, SC Villa will have to dig deep when they host bogey side Police at Masaka Recreation Ground.
The Jogoos host the Cops on Wednesday aware that any slipup will give chance to title chasers who are just three and four points adrift.
Police have always been the side the Blues have found hard to beat but Wednesday proves a good chance as Abdallah Mubiru’s side are not the side they were in the first round.
With just two wins in the previous ten games, on form Jogoos will fancy their chances but Wasswa Bbosa awaits a tough game.
“They (Police) are no bad side regardless of what they are going through,” said Bbosa. “We have to be careful since they are always bogey against us but we have the confidence and belief,” he added.
SC Villa’s only win in the previous nine meetings came in 2015/16 at Kavumba while the last three games have ended in draws including last season at Masaka when the Jogoos squandered a two goal lead.
Martin Kizza and Godfrey Lwesibawa will be tasked with stretching the Cops wide with Allan Kyambadde, Ambrose Kirya and George Senkaaba doing things in the middle.
For the seventh placed visitors (32 points), they will hope vice-captain Rahmat Senfuka is in fine form to thwart the danger posed by the hosts’ midfielder while Juma Balinya, Albert Mugisa and Pius Kagwa will be the players tasked with opening the meanest defence in the league.
- There has only been three goalless draws between the two sides in the last 15 league meetings
- Since 2011/12 season, the two teams have drawn 7 games; SC Villa won 4 and Police won 3.
- Police, KCCA and Maroons are the only teams to have picked a point off SC Villa since they relocated to Masaka.
- Only KCCA (34) and Vipers (28) have scored more league goals than Police (26).