CAF U-20 Qualifiers (Return Leg):
- Saturday, 21st April 2018
- South Sudan vs. Uganda (Juba Stadium in Juba) – 4 pm
*Uganda leads 5-1 from the first leg
The Uganda National U-20 team (The Hippos) will lock horns with South Sudan in the return leg of the CAF U-20 qualifiers on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Coming to the match, Uganda Hippos have a 5-1 advantage from the first leg.
In the opening leg played at the Star Times stadium, Lugogo, Uganda Hippos scored through Mustapha Kizza (penalty), Steven Mukwala, Sadam Masereka, Hamis Tibita and a wonder goal by Allan Okello.
Proline defender Musitafa Mujjuzi diverted a long ball from goalkeeper Ramadan Ding past Uganda’s Keni into the net for the visitors’ consolation strike.
Uganda Hippos head coach Mathias Lule is focused for the game and asserts the game is not yet complete;
“The job is still half complete. From the first leg played in Kampala, we scored five goals but the job is yet to be complete” Lule said.
Left back Mustafa Kizza is ruled out for the game having got a red card in the first leg.
Lule recruited three new faces to add on the team that played in Kampala.
St Mary’s Kitende left back Robert Kitabalwa, KCCA Junior Team’s Herbert Achai and Kataka F.C Ivan Eyam are the three new faces who traveled with the team on Friday morning.
The team trained at Juba stadium on Friday evening as a prerequisite for the pre-match customs.
The winner on aggregate will qualify to the next round, and will face Cameroon.
The Final 18 man traveling team:
- Goalkeepers: Keni Saidi (Proline), Denis Otim (Nyamityobora)
- Right Back: Paul Willa (Police), Fred Okot (URA)
- Left Back: Robert Kitabalwa (St Mary’s Kitende), Herbert Achai (Kibuli S.S and KCCA Junior Team)
- Defenders: Musitafa Mujjuzi (Proline), Geofrey Wasswa (Vipers), Bashir Asiku (Vipers)
- Holding Midfielders: Abubaker Kasule (Buildcon, Zambia)
- Offensive midfielders: Julius Poloto (KCCA), Allan Okello (KCCA), Frank “Zaga” Tumwesigye (Vipers), Joshua Okiror (Proline)
- Forwards: Steven Mukwala (Vipers), Saddam Masereka (Buddo S.S), Faizal Ssekyanzi (St Mary’s Nabweru), Ivan Eyam (Amusi College and Kataka F.C)
- Center Referee: Georges Gatogato (Burundi)
- Assistant Referee 1: Herve Kakunze (Burundi)
- Assistant Referee 2: Gustave Baguma (Burundi)
- Fourth Official: Thierry Nkurunziza (Burundi)
- Match Commissioner: Sylvester Kirwa (Kenya)
- Security Officer: Rachid Medjiba (Algeria)