- 27th May – 3rd June 2018
- In Niger
Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has confirmed that the national senior team, Uganda Cranes will take part in a three nation invitational tournament in West Africa.
This was confirmed during a press conference conducted at the county’s home of football in Mengo, Kampala.
Uganda Cranes head coach Sebastian Desabre flanked by the federation Communications Manager Ahmed Hussein remarked;
We shall continue to monitor the players as we plan for the AFCON 2019 qualifiers coming up in September and November 2018. All the players even those not named now will be given chance.
Uganda Cranes will face hosts Niger and Central African Republic in the two build ups.
Desabre also noted that the players summoned are those he thinks are best suited in his technical frame and attacking philosophy of football that he preaches at all times.
The team summoned has Danish based right attacker Moses Opondo who plays at Vendsyssel Football Club.
Some of the foreign based players on the team include; Cape Town City midfielder Allan Kateregga, Sabail midfielder Faruku Miya, Yeovil Town towering defender Bevis Mugabi, Zambian based left footer Joseph Ochaya, Salim Jamal, Hassan Wasswa Mawanda and the team captain Dennis Onyango.
The others are; Isaac Muleme, Yunus Sentamu, Denis Iguma, Murushid Jjuuko, Godfrey Walusimbi, Edrisa Lubega, Emmanuel Okwi, William Luwagga Kizito and Khalid Aucho.
There are five locally based players on the team – on form goalkeeper Charles Lukwago, Muhammed Shaban, Timothy Denis Awany (all KCCA) as well as the Vipers duo of Milton Karisa and Nico Wakiro Wadada.
There will be no special time reserved for training as the summoned team departs for Niger.
- Goalkeepers: Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa), Charles Lukwago (KCCA, Uganda), Jamal Salim (Al Merreikh, Sudan)
- Right Backs: Denis Iguma (Al Nabi Shayth, Lebanon), Nico Wakiro Wadada (Vipers, Uganda)
- Left Backs: Isaac Muleme (Al Assiouty, Egypt), Godfrey “Jajja Walu” Walusimbi (Gor Mahia, Kenya)
- Central Defenders: Murushid Jjuuko (Simba, Tanzania), Bevis Mugabi (Yeovil Town, England), Timothy Dennis Awany (KCCA, Uganda)
- Holding Midfielders: Hassan Wasswa Mawanda (El Geish, Egypt), Khalid Aucho (East Bengal, India), Tadeo Lwanga (Vipers, Uganda)
- Offensive Midfielders: Moses Opondo (Vendsyssel, Denmark), William Luwagga Kizito (CMSM Lasi, Romania), Joseph Ochaya (Lusaka Dynamos, Zambia), Milton Karisa (Vipers, Uganda), Allan Kateregga (Cape Town City, South Africa), Faruku Miya (Sabail, Azerbaijan – on loan from Standard Liege, Belgium)
- Forwards: Emmanuel Arnold Okwi (Simba, Tanzania), Yunus Sentamu (Tirana, Albania), Edrisa “Torres” Lubega (Floridsdorfer, Austria), Muhammed “Jaggarson” Shaban (KCCA, Uganda)