Uganda Cup (Round of 32 Results):
URA 5-1 Synergy
Kirinya-Jinja S.S 0-1 Onduparaka
Former Uganda Cup winners Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Football Club and West Nile darling Onduparaka have booked their berths to the knock out cup stage of 16.
URA, three time winners and runners of this tournament recovered from a goal down to brush aside third tier side Synergy 5-1 at the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole on Friday.
Robert Ssentongo Kayuuni gave Synergy the lead on five minutes via a well drilled penalty.
The strike was a wake up call for the tax collectors who replied in fashion scoring through Saidi Kyeyune, Robert Mukongotya (brace), Patrick Mbowa and Ronald Musana.
This was the first time, this season, that URA is scoring more than three times in a single match.
In the other match played, 2015 finalists Onduparaka Football Club outwitted Kirinya-Jinja S.S 1-0 at the Mighty Arena.
Second half substitute Solomon Okwalinga scored a last minute gasp winner with virtually the last action of the game.
Both URA and Onduparaka thus become the first clubs to secure their slots at the round of 16 ahead of the draws that will be held early February 2019.
URA won the Uganda Cup in 2005, 2011/12 and lately 2013/14.
Currently coached by Sam Ssimbwa, they were runners up on three occasions as well in the years 2000, 2008/09 and 2010/11.
Onduparaka on the hand were runners up once in 2015/16 season, falling to Vipers 3-1 at Nakivubo Stadium before hundreds of spectators.
KCCA FC is the defending champion for the tournament that has played since 1971.
The winner of the Stanbic Uganda Cup earns a direct ticket to represent the country at the CAF Confederation cup.
Meanwhile, the Uganda Cup takes a one day break before resuming on Sunday when top flight entity Bright Stars faces Bumate United away at the Christ High School play ground in Bundibugyo.
Sunday, 13th January 2019:
- Bumate United Vs Bright Stars – Christ High School play-ground, Bundibugyo (4 PM)
Tuesday, 15th January 2019:
- Vipers Vs Kansai Plascon – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende (4 PM)
Wednesday, 16th January 2019:
- Nkambi Coffee Vs SC Villa – Masaka Recreational Stadium (4PM)
- BUL Vs Mbarara City – FUFA Technical Center, Njeru (4 PM)
- U-Touch Vs Kitara – Pece Stadium, Gulu (4PM)
- Calvary Vs Police – Midigo play ground, Yumbe (4 PM)
- Free Stars Vs Bukedea Town Council – Bishops S.S Play gound, Mukono (4 PM)
Thursday, 17th January 2019:
- Water Vs Express – Muteesa II Wankulukuku Stadium (4 PM)
Saturday, 19th January 2019:
- Nyamityobora Vs Proline – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara (4 PM)
- Nebbi Central Vs Admin – Nebbi Play ground (4 PM)
Tuesday, 22nd January 2019:
- Kireka United Vs Wakiso Giants – Mandela National Stadium ( 4PM)
- Kiboga Young Vs St Mary’s – Bamusuuta Ground, Kiboga (4 PM)
- Tooro United Vs KCCA – Buhinga Stadium, Fort Portal (4 PM)