Copa Coca Cola Football Tourney 2019:
Latest Results (Sunday):
- Mbarara High School 12-0 Ngora High
- Jinja S.S 10-1 Abim S.S
- St Mary’s Kitende 6-1 Hill View Bulangira, Pallisa
- Kawempe Royal 4-2 Kitara Model
- Restore Leadership Academy 4-1 Sseke S.S, Masaka
- JIPRA 4-0 Kapchorwa Standard (Ended prematurely in first half)
- Royal Giant 3-0 Jinja College School (JICO)
- St Henry’s Kitovu 3-0 Kamwenge SSS and Vocational
- Arch Bishop Flyn 3-0 Tororo Town College
- Standard High School Zana 3-0 Musedde Memorial
- St Julian High School Gayaza 2-0 St Joseph College, Layibi
- Lugazi Homeland 2-0 St Paul
- Kisozi Seed 2-0 Lira Town College
- Nakaseke 2-0 Iganga Parents
- Kakungulu Memorial 2-1 Nabongo S.S
- Paidah S.S 2-1 Mandela S.S
- Loro S.S 2-1 Mbale Progressive
- High Standard Kateera 1-0 St Mary’s College, Rushoroza
- Busoga College Mwiri 3-3 Rock High
- Amus College 2-2 Kawempe Muslim
- Nile High 0-0 Masaka SS
The group stages for the 2019 Copa Coca Cola schools football championship will climax on Monday, May 13, 2019 over the different venues in Jinja.
There are a number of matches lined up as the schools complete their group stage assignments to determine who progresses to the round of 16.
These comes come after a grueling week of action where all the 59 schools have at least played six games apiece.
In some of Sunday’s games, Mbarara High walloped Ngora High 12-0 in arguably the biggest score-line at the tournament so far.
St Mary’s Kitende overcame Pallisa’s Hill View Bulangira 6-1 with a brace apiece from left winger Abdul Karim Watambala and Umar Kyebatala at the Kakindu Stadium.
Subscribe to the Kawowo Sports Rugby Switch
SC Villa’s striker Charles ‘Neymar’ Lwanga and Dennis Ojara got the other goals for a dominant St Mary’s Kitende before a capacity crowd which included St Mary’s director Lawrence Mulindwa (Dr).
St Mary’s Kitende right back Emmanuel Munoobi poked the ball in his own net for the consolation of Hill View Bulangira who had a promising start to the game but later faded.
Now that the group stages are done, our focus turns to the knock outs. We shall double our efforts for the best resultsDan Segawa, St Julian High School Head coach
Loro S.S recovered from a goal down to beat Mbale Progressive 2-1.
Ambrose Owani scored a brace to inspire Loro over the Mbale based school who had struck the opener through Abdul Wesonga’s penalty.
In some of the other Sunday matches played over slippery grounds after the mid-morning rains, Standard High School – Zana smiled 3-0 over Musedde Memorial at the Jinja College 1 play-ground.
Wakiso representatives Kawempe Royal humbled Kitara Model 4-2 and Paidha SS won 2-1 against Mandela S.S.
The Jinja Progressive Academy (JIPRA) – Kapchorwa Standard encounter ended prematurely with JIPRA leading 4-0 after 13 minutes.
Kapchorwa Standard had kicked off the game with only seven players and the game could not continue when one of their players picked up a knock and could therefore not continue.
The round of 16 draws will be held at Jinja College where the secretariat is found.
Also, all the participating schools are residing at Jinja College with all the referees staying at the FUFA Technical Center, Njeru.
Games for Monday, 13th May 2019
- Lugazi Homeland Vs Nabbongo SS – Jinja College 2 Play ground
- Abim SS Vs St Paul’s SS – UMMS
- Bulo Parents Vs Jinja S.S – Jinja College 1
- Kisozi Seed Vs Mandela SS – Jinja S.S 1 Play ground
- Musedde Memorial Vs Lira Town College – St Jude Play ground
- Uganda Martyrs’ Rubaga Vs Standard High School, Zana – Kakindu Stadium
- Kawempe Muslim Vs St Joseph College Layibi – Jinja College 1 Play ground
- Kawenge SS and Vocational Vs Amus College – Jinja College 2 Play ground
- Nyangilia SS Vs St Henry’s College, Kitovu – UMMS
- Busoga College Mwiri Vs Alliance High School – St Jude
- Akii-Bua Comprehensive Vs Rock High School – Jinja S.S 1 Play ground
- Buddo S.S Vs Kibuli S.S – Kakindu Stadium
- Hill View Bulangira Vs Iganga Parents – Jinja College 1 play ground
- Mbarara High School Vs St Mary’s Kitende – Kakindu Stadium
- Fort Portal SS Vs Ngora High School – Jinja S.S 1 Play ground
- John Musenzi – 11 Goals (High Standard Kateera)
- Lawrence Tezikya – 10 Goals (Jinja SS)
- Ronald Alyenyo – 8 Goals (Kashenyi SS)
- Ambrose Owani – 7 Goals (Loro SS)
- Geofrey Mivule – 7 Goals (Kisozi Seed)
- Emmanuel Jowang – 6 Goals (Bulo Parents)
- Araphat Ngyembya – 6 Goals (St Kaggwa)
- Andrew Otim – 6 Goals (Mbarara High)
- Alex Okello – 5 Goals (JIPRA)
- Hamuza Mulambuzi – 5 Goals (Buddo S.S)
- Mubarak Kakooza – 5 Goals (Sentah College)
- Richard Basangwa – 5 Goals (St Mary’s SS Kitende)
- Thomas Kabaale – 5 Goals (Nakaseke International)
- Stanley Mupere – 5 Goals (Hill View)
- Shanon Akena – 5 Goals (Restore Leadership)
- John Baptist Kataidewa – 5 Goals (Sseke SS)
- Charles Lwanga – 5 Goals (St Mary’s Kitende)