The 2019 Copa Coca Cola group stage matches were successfully concluded on Monday afternoon.
There are 16 schools left in the competition from the total of 59 that entered this two week’s championship.
By the close of business for the grueling group stage matches where a total of 189 games have been played, Jinja Secondary School remains the school with 100 percent run, winning all the six matches.
The 2017 national champions (triumphed in the edition hosted by Masaka) are on course for their second title in three years.
Led by Hassan Zzungu and Abbey Bogere Kikomeko, Jinja S.S completed all their group B matches unbeaten.
They won in convincing fashion against St Paul (4-0), Nabbongo, Lugazi Homeland, Kakungulu Memorial School, Abim (10-1), and Bulo Parents (1-0).
It has been a wonderful journey moved from the opening match to the last group match. I thank the players for the show but it is a job half way. We are coming to the knock out stage which calls for clinical finishing and solid defendingHassan Zzungu, Kirinya-Jinja S.S coach
Other successful schools:
From group A, Jinja Progressive Academy (JIPRA) made it as group leaders to the group stage, joined by runners up, St Kaggwa.
Jinja S.S topped group B with a massive 18 points from six matches as Bulo Parents ended with 13 points
In group C, Royal Giant High School and St John High School recorded 17 and 13 points respectively.
Unbeaten Standard High School, Zana and Kisozi Seed qualified from group D.
St Mary’s Kitende (16) and Nakaseke International School (13) progressed from group E.
St Julian High School – Gayaza and St Henry’s Kitovu made the grade from group F.
Unbeaten Masaka SS finished with 17 points in group G as runners up Kawempe Royal College ended with 13 points.
The draws to determine who faces who at the round of 16 stage will be conducted on Tuesday, 14th May 2019 at Jinja College.
Still on Tuesday, it is the official first resting day for the schools that have progressed as a recovery time to relax muscles as well as treat injuries.
The tournament will progress therefore on Wednesday, 15th May 2019 with the round of 16 matches across the different venues in Jinja.
Successful Schools to the round of 16:
- Jinja Progressive (18 Points)
- St Kaggwa (16 Points)
- Jinja S.S (18 Points)
- Bulo Parents (13 Points)
- Royal Giants High (17 Points)
- St John High School, Mukono (14 Points)
- Kisozi Seed, Gomba (11 Points) *After Docking of points following Musede petition
- Standard High Zana (11 Points) *After Docking of points following Musede petition
- St Mary’s SS, Kitende (16 Points)
- Nakaseke International (13 Points)
- St Henry’s Kitovu (14 Points)
- St Julian High School, Gayaza (13 Points)
- Masaka SS (17 Points)
- Kawempe Royal College (13 Points)
- Buddo SS (15 Points, 14 Goal difference)
- Kibuli SS (15 Points, 7 Goal difference)
Last Group Games (Monday Results):
- Lugazi Homeland 1-1 Nabbongo SS
- Abim SS 0-5 St Paul’s SS
- Bulo Parents 0-2 Jinja S.S
- Kisozi Seed 2-0 Mandela SS
- Musedde Memorial 0-3 Lira Town College
- Uganda Martyrs’ Rubaga 1-1 Standard High School, Zana
- Kawempe Muslim 5-2 St Joseph College Layibi
- Kawenge SS and Vocational 1-2 Amus College
- Nyangilia SS 0-2 St Henry’s College, Kitovu
- Busoga College Mwiri 1-0 Alliance High School
- Akii-Bua Comprehensive 1-0 Rock High School
- Buddo S.S 0-1 Kibuli S.S
- Hill View 1-0 Bulangira Iganga Parents
- Mbarara High School 1-1 St Mary’s Kitende
- Fort Portal SS 0-0 Ngora High School
Top scorers after the group stages:
- John Musenzi (High Standard Kateera) – 11 Goals
- Lawrence Tezikya (Jinja SS) – 11 Goals
- Geofrey Mivule (Kisozi Seed) – 09 Goals
- Ronald Alyenyo (Kashenyi SS) – 08 Goals
- Ambrose Owani (Loro SS) – 07 Goals
- Emmanuel Jowang (Bulo Parents) – 06 Goals
- Araphat Ngyembya (St Kaggwa) – 06 Goals
- Andrew Otim (Mbarara High) – 06 Goals
- Alex Okello (Jinja Progressive Academy) – 05 Goals
- Hamuza Mulambuzi (Buddo SS) – 05 Goals
- Mubarak Kakooza (Sentah College) – 05 Goals
- Richard Basangwa (St Mary’s Kitende) – 05 Goals
- Thomas Kabaale (Nakaseke International) – 05 Goals
- Stanley Mupere (Hill View Bulangira) – 05 Goals
- Shanon Akena (Restore Academy) – 05 Goals
- John Baptist Akena (Sseke S.S) – 05 Goals
- Charles Lwanga (St Mary’s SS Kitende) – 05 Goals
- Ibrahim Musobya (Lugazi Homeland) – 05 Goals
- Brian Obed (Kawempe Muslim) – 05 Goals
- Alex Mutebi (Kawempe Muslim) – 05 Goals
- Ian Mudhasi (Busoga College Mwiri) – 05 Goals