Mvara Boys Football Club goalkeeper Florence Watmon has agreed on personal terms with management of Kyaggwe Ssaza team.
The 19-year-old goalkeeper joins Kyaggwe with a mission at hand to lift the 2020 Masaza Cup whose kick off date remains muted because of the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“I am happy to have joined Kyaggwe. The main objective will be to lift the championship. Personally, I want to use this tournament as a springboard to get elevated to the Uganda Premier League,” Watmon notes.
Watmon currently features for Mvara Boys in the West Nile Regional League having previously played at Lugazi Municipal and Lugazi Friends Soccer Academy.
Kyaggwe is coached by Hussein Mbalangu, who is assisted by Saka Mpiima.
Mbalangu and company eye their maiden trophy in the history of this annual championship.
- Full Name: Florence Watmon
- Date of Birth: 16th August 2001
- Football Clubs: Lugazi Municipal, Lugazi Friends Soccer Academy, Mvara Boys FC (Current).
- Education: Tochi Primary School – Gulu, Christ the King – Gulu, Hands of Grace – Lugazi and St. Julian Gayaza ( A level)
- Inspiration: Bishop Dr. Chris Kalisa
- Role Models: Ismail Watenga (Uganda Cranes and former Vipers Goalkeeper) & Manuel Nuer (Germany Goalkeeper)
- Champion with Hands of Grace Lugazi (Mukono District winners, Copa Coca Cola 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Champion with Jinja Municipality (2015 Uganda Urban Tournament)
- Was in goal as Mvara Boys eliminated Bul Fc in the 2020 Stanbic Uganda Cup (Round of 32)