A holding midfielder Martins Ssemuddu has been offered a lifetime opportunity to play in the treasured Masaza Cup by Kyaggwe for the very first time of asking.
Currently featuring for Lugazi Municipal Football Club in the Buganda Regional League, Ssemuddu is expected to optimally expected to utilize the granted opportunity as a stepping stone to better his career as he aspires to get a bigger level club and play for the Uganda Cranes.
Ssemuddu has previously played at Yap Stars and Hope Doves before he joined Lugazi Municipal Council at the advent of the 2019 season.
Lifting this year’s championship ranks aloft the wish-list of Ssemuddu as he embarks on the expedition at Kyaggwe.
I want to win this year’s Masaza Cup with Kyaggwe as I line up the dream of playing in the Uganda Premier League (UPL) and for the national teams before going professional outside Uganda.
Martins Ssemuddu, midfielder
Kick off for the 2020 edition has been postponed because of the Coronavirus pandemic that led to the postponement of sports activities in the country alongside other social gatherings.
Bulemeezi is the reigning winner whilst Gomba Lions have won the most championships (four).
- NAME: Martins “Martinez” Ssemuddu
- NICKNAME: Martinez
- DATE OF BIRTH: 9th January 1998
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Mityana
- PARENTS: Peter Lukwago and Harriet Nakacwa
- EDUCATION: St Savio – Kisubi Primary School, St. Matia Mulumba, Kiboga Progressive SS, Mulama SS (O’Level) and Good Samaritan SS Lwengo (A’ Level)
- POSITION: Holding Midfielder
- CURRENT CLUB: Lugazi Municipal Football Club
- PREVIOUS CLUBS: Yap Stars, Hope Doves
- ROLE MODELS: Nicholas Kasozi & Toni Kros
- INSPIRATION: Coach Switzer of St Savio – Entebbe
- TARGETS: Winning this year’s Masaza with Kyaggwe, Playing in Uganda Premier League (UPL), playing for national teams and going profession.
- SPECIAL CREDITS: Peter Lukwago (His father) & Abdul Kawulu (Chairman Lugazi Municipal Football Club)
- BEST DISH: Rice and Vegetables