2021 Entebbe Foursomes Golf Tournament:
- Overall Winners: Herbert Olowo & Albert Gitta (Handicap 25) – 62 Net
The 2021 Entebbe Foursomes Golf tournament attracted a large field of 92 golfers at the lake side par 71 facility on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
The pair of Herbert Olowo and Albert Gitta, playing off handicap 25 returned a total of 62 Net to win the day-long event that was based on stroke play format.
Olwo and Gitta were three strokes better than the pairing of Robbins Mwehaire and Dr.Tumubweine Twinemanzi who played on handicap 11.
Moses Ssebugwawo and Geofrey Byamugisha (Handicap20) scored 69 Net to take third place, a stroke better than Michael Tumusiime and Irene Nakalembe.
Tumusiime and Nakalembe played off handicap 3. Marin Etienne and Brian Cable (Handicap 24) completed the top five pairings with 72 Net.
Guests’ top performers:
Cavin Mugerwa and Kenneth Kiddu (handicap 20) scored 71 Net to win the guests category, two strokes better than Andrew Atuhaire and Michael Muhangi (handicap 11).
Meanwhile, the foursomes tournament came a day after the weekly club night championship won by Paul Nsereko, a handicap 7 golfer.
Nsereko scored 22 points, to win on countback ahead of Jean Kinsella, also a handicap 7 golfer.
Knight Russell, handicap 10 scored 21 points to finish third.
In the ladies section, Susan Knight, handicap 20 scored 20 points to finish top ahead of Charity Tushabombwe (handicap 18).
Tushabombwe scored 19 points.
All Top performers:
Overall Winners: Herbert Olowo & Albert Gitta (Handicap 25) – 62 Net
2. Robbins Mwehaire & Dr.Tumubweine Twinemanzi (Handicap 11) – 65 Net
3. Moses Ssebugwawo & Geofrey Byamugisha (Handicap20) – 69 Net
4. Michael Tumusiime & Irene Nakalembe (Handicap 3) – 70 Net
5. Marin Etienne & Brian Cable (Handicap 24) – 72 Net
- Winners: Cavin Mugerwa & Kenneth Kiddu (Handicap 20) – 71 Net
- Runners up: Andrew Atuhaire & Michael Muhangi (Handicap 11) – 73 Net