- Nile Special Stout Rugby Premier League – Matchday Five
- 4pm: Impis vs Warriors
- Makerere Rugby Grounds “The Graveyard”.
This Saturday will go down as one of the most tightly contested matchdays in the Nile Special Stout Rugby Premier League. As the top two teams, Kobs and Heathens face off at Legends, the bottom two, Warriors and Impis, will be tussling it out at The Graveyard.
Impis and Warriors meet at a time when both teams are trying to free themselves from the bottom of the table scrap. A solitary win this season would just about guarantee safety from the dreaded 10th place at the end of the season.
Both teams are still winless, but Warriors are yet to earn their first point. However, Impis have the worst rating in both defense and attack thus far.
Emmanuel Katuntu and Gabriel Aredo have made multiple changes to their squads. At the front row, Godfrey Ayebare and Tylane Kamusiime continue to rake in game time as their props change. Also, injury concerns have forced adjustments to the tight forwards for this match. Second rower Benjamin Amanya will come off the bench while Akera Komakech is out of the matchday squad.
In the midfield, both teams have posted combinations from earlier outings in the season. Stallone Arinaitwe and Spencer Muhiire will be running against Ruben Kihumuro and Richard Kinyai.
- Starting: 1 Newton Mwebaze, 2 Godfrey Ayebare, 3 Amos Asiimile, 4 Timothy Tumwesigye, 5 Kabonge Kisuuze, 6 Pius Mpoza, 7 Emmanuel Sedyabane, 8 Kennedy Muhumuza, 9 Robert Ssentongo, 10 Edmond Waya, 11 Daniel Wereba, 12 Stallone Arinaitwe, 13 Spencer Muhiire, 14 Aaron Atooke, 15 Jerome Tasiku.
- Substitutes: 16 Gilbert Deng Ring, 17 Ariho Muhumuza, 18 Benjamin Amanya, 19 Brian Kizito, 20 Syrus Sebuliba, 21 Winter Emodiai, 22 Ivan Otai, 23 Stephan Kalezi, 24 Graham Mubanda (RIP).
- Starting: 1 Moses Mutumba, 2 Charles Lutaaya, 3 Tylane Kamusime, 4 Shadrack Manano, 5 Micheal Aling, 6 Isaac Kimera, 7 Marvin Agaba, 8 Erasmus Aredo, 9 Simon Peter Nyeko, 10 Ivan Mugirya, 11 Isaac Tago, 12 Ruben Kihumuro, 13 Richard Kinyai, 14 Gabriel Aredo, 15 Owen Kinyera.
- Substitutes: 16 Moses Andruda, 17 Addson Mugerwa, 18 Raymond Ogwang, 19 Arajab Kakaire, 20 Juma Ochan, 21 Okumu Emmanuel, 22 Henry Musisi.