2021 Stanbic Uganda Cup (Round of 32 – Return Leg)
- Soltilo Bright Stars 3-1 Paidha Black Angels (Aggregate 3-2; Soltilo Bright Stars progress)
- Mbale Heroes 1 – 0 Gaddafi (Aggregate: 1-1; Mbale Heroes progress 4-2 in post-match shoot-out)
- UPDF 1-0 Arua Hill (Aggregate: 3-3; UPDF qualify on the away goals rule)
- SC Villa 3-0 Ndejje University (Aggregate: 3-1; SC Villa qualify)
- Soltilo Bright Stars 3-1 Paidha Black Angels (Aggregate: 3-2; Soltilo Bright Stars qualify)
- Nyamityobora 0-1 KCCA (Aggregate: KCCA wins 5-2)
- Tooro United 3-1 Kataka (Aggregate: Tooro United progressed 3-2)
- Express 1-0 Kyetume (Aggregate: Express progress 3-2)
- Wakiso Giants 3-1 Water (Aggregate: Wakiso Giants progress 5-2)
- Police 5-1 Calvary (Aggregate: Police Advance 10-1)
- Water 0-1 Onduparaka (Aggregate: Onduparaka wins 1-0)
Soltilo Bright Stars Football Club joined a number of top tier sides to the 2021 Stanbic Uganda Cup round of 16 stage.
Baker Mbowa’s coached side overcame West Nile based FUFA Big League entity Paidha Black Angels 3-1 at Kavumba Recreational Stadium in Wakiso district during the return leg.
Captain Sulaiman Ssebunza Ssekagya gave the home side the lead on 26 minutes with a well drilled penalty.
Gangly striker Samuel Kayongo Ssekamatte doubled the lead on the stroke of half time as they bossed the opening stanza 2-0.
Three minutes into the final half, Ssekamatte scored his second on the evening, the third for Soltilo Bright Stars.
By this stage, the game was as good as dusted but Paidha Black Angels fought gallantly to score a consolation.
Soltilo Bright Stars thus progressed to the round of 16 with a 3-2 aggregate score-line.
Musa Malundi scored Mbale Heroes’ lone goal during the 1-0 win at home over Gaddafi at the Mbale Municipal Stadium.
Mbale Heroes went ahead to progress to the round of 16 with a 4-2 post match penalty victory.
Ibrahim Kibumba, Musa Malunda, Peter Otai and Brian Olega scored for Mbale Heroes past Gaddafi substitute goalkeeper Paul Mujwapani.
Defender Faisal Najibu missed his kick as it razed off the cross bar.
Lawrence Kasadha and captain Andrew Waiswa scored for Gaddafi past Mbale Heroes goalkeeper Hilbert Hatimu.
Ronald Bithum Nsumbiano had his shot saved by the goalieHatimu after diving to his left to stop Bithum’s shot.
Sports Club Villa humbled Ndejje University 3-0 at the Arena of Visions in Bombo to overturn the first leg result that had ended 1-0 in favour of the second division side.
Ronald Ssekiganda as well as the Wasswa duo of Geofrey and Emmanuel Alex were on target for the Jogoos.
The Jogoos thus advanced 3-1 on aggregate.
Elsewhere, Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) edged visiting Arua Hill 1-0 at the Military Stadium in Bombo.
Alex “Benzema” Kitata scored the priceless goal in this tie as UPDF progressed on the famous away goal’s rule after 3-3 aggregate score-line.
Meanwhile, one fixture remains to be played between Kigezi Home Boyz and Kitara.
This double legged tie could not be played because of the mis-communication in the venue (Kavumba Recreational Stadium) for both clubs.