Many footballers world over have varying aspirations in life.
These aspirations often have several common meeting points that include; to earn from the beautiful game as professionals at elite clubs and many a time to play for their respective national teams.
Soltilo Bright Stars Football Club wide man Ibrahim “Seven” Kasinde is no different from the rest of the footballing crop.
The fast paced player aspires to use his talent and skills as a stepping stone to achieving greatness in life.
“I want to be the best. This is the reason I always inject in extra hours of training” Kasinde disclosed.
In his debut season of top flight football, Kasinde has scored two goals so far against Malaba Youth Development Association (MYDA) and Wakiso Giants as Soltilo Bright Stars won either matches by an identical 3-2 score-line.
Ironically, both of his goals have come at Kavumba Recreational Stadium, albeit in the closing stages of the games.
The latest goal against Wakiso Giants was a well struck penalty with the game tied at 2 goals apiece.
Kasinde vows to continue working hard in training and during matches to maintain the scoring rate as well as providing as many assists.
“I will remain focused in training and matches to reach my personal targets. I want to play for the team and assist often, as well as scored often.” He added.
Kasinde has played at Masaka City, Kaliisizo KEM and Kampala University – Masaka branch before he crossed over to Soltilo Bright Stars.
He featured for two Masaza Cup teams; Ssingo in 2017 as well as Busujju in 2018 and 2019 before he was signed by record champions Gomba in 2020.
- Full Names: Ibrahim Kasinde
- Nickname: Seven
- Parents: Abubakari Kawuma & Hadijah Nabaganzi
- Date of Birth: 17th August 2000
- Place of Birth: Kyazanga, Lwengo District
- Education: Kitoro Hill View – Kyazanga (P1-P4), Kitebi Primary School (P5-P7), Kitebi Light College (S1-S3), Royal Giant Mityana (S4-S5), Welden High School – Mbarara (S6)
- Current club: Soltilo Bright Stars Football Club
- Previous Teams: Ssingo (2017), Busujju (2018, 2019), Gomba (2020), Kampala University, Masaka (Buganda Regional League), Masaka City (2017), Kaliisizo KEM (2018)
- Strong Foot: Right
- Key weapons: Close ball control, pace, dribbling, shooting and perfect crossing
- Role Models: Azizi Kayondo (Vipers and Uganda U-20) & Christian Mate Pulisic (Chelsea and USA)
- Best Dish: Matooke & Mukene (Small fish) with a minute maid drink