CECAFA U-23 Challenge Cup 2021: (July 18-31) – Bahir Dar, Ethiopia:
- Group A: Uganda, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Group B: Ethiopia, Burundi, Eritrea
- Group C: Djibouti, South Sudan, Kenya
Sunday, 18th July 2021: Uganda Vs DR Congo (1 PM)
CECAFA Referees appointment committee confirmed the match officials that will handle the Uganda versus Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) contest in the CECAFA U-23 Challenge cup on Sunday.
Eritrean Mogos Teklu Tesgay is the center referee.
He will be assisted by Eyobiel Micahel Gebru, also from Eritrea as the first assistant referee.
Gassim Mader (South Sudan) is the second assistant referee.
South Sudan’s Malong Ring is the fourth official.
The referee assessor is Jean Claud Biramushahu (Burundi), technical study group is headed by Mohammed Omar Ali (Djibouti), security officer as Stephen Kacumu (Uganda), the commissioner is Hassan Amir (Somalia), the general coordinator as Michael Belay Erimu (Ethiopia), assistant general coordinator as Yacoub Elmi (Djibouti).
The media officer is Burundian Ramadhan Kibuga as the doctor is Tanzanian, Dr. Norman Bernard Sabuni.
This group A match will be played at the Bahir Dar International Stadium, kicking off at 1 PM.
Meanwhile, Uganda Kobs head coach Morley Byekwaso named the starting eleven that has;
KCCA goalkeeper Charles Lukwago, team captain Enock Walusimbi (Express) and Azizi Kayondo (Vipers) as well as the two center halves; Peter Magambo and Musa Ramathan (both KCCA).
Others are; Bobosi Byaruhanga (Vipers), Julius Poloto (KCCA), Steven Sserwadda (KCCA) and Karim Watambala (Vipers), Derrick Kakooza (Police) and Steven Mukwala (URA) .
- Center Referee: Mogos Teklu Tesgay (Eritrea)
- 1st Assistant Referee: Eyobiel Micahel Gebru (Eritrea)
- 2nd Assistant Referee: Gassim Mader (South Sudan)
- Fourth Official: Malong Ring (South Sudan)
- Referee Assessor: Jean Claud Biramushahu (Burundi)
- Technical Study Group: Mohammed Omar Ali (Djibouti)
- Security officer: Stephen Kacumu (Uganda)
- Commissioner: Hassan Amir (Somalia)
- General Coordinator: Michael Belay Erimu (Ethiopia)
- Assistant General Coordinator: Yacoub Elmi (Djibouti)
- Media officer: Ramadhan Kibuga (Burundi)
- Doctor: Dr. Norman Bernard Sabuni (Tanzania)