Kyetume Football Club management agreed to give David Katono Mutono a two year employment contract.
The decision was reached on Tuesday, 20th July 2021 during a general planning meeting by the club stakeholders.
Mutono is expected to put pen to paper on Wednesday, 21st July 2021 in a move that will witness him fight for the club’s promotion back to the Uganda Premier League premier.
The new coach will name his backroom staff as soon as possible and start immediate strategies to ensure that early preparations are effected.
For starters, Mutono has been employed previously at this very club as assistant coach.
Mutono’s contract had ended in July 2020 and has been unemployed since that time.
The club has had a turbulent time having been served by different coaches; first Charles Livingstone Mbabazi, then Alex Isabirye and later Mayanja who worked with Jimmy Kintu.
Mutono is a CAF “B” licensed tactician who has previously worked at Misindye, Soana (now Tooro United), Seeta United, Buganda Province and the first stint at Kyetume as assistant coach.
- Full Names: David Katono Mutono
- Education: Mukono High School, Summit College, Kyengera (S5), Mengo SS (S5), Bethel SS – Busega (S6)
- Parents: Salongo Emmanuel Golooba and Nalongo Ruth Golooba
- Place of Birth: Misindye, Mukono
- Playing positions: Central defender, Holding midfielder
- Coaching career: Misindye, Soana (Tooro United), Seeta United, Buganda Province, Kyetume