2021 CECAFA U-23 Challenge Cup:
Group A (Saturday, 24th July): Uganda Vs Tanzania – Bahir Dar International Stadium (2 PM)
The CECAFA U-23 Challenge cup referees appointment committee has confirmed the match officials to handle the closing group A duel between traditional rivals Tanzania and Uganda on Saturday afternoon.
Djibouti’s Saddam Houssein is center referee. He will be assisted by Rashid Wais (Djibouti) as first assistant.
Eritrea’s Micahel Gebru Eyobiel is second assistant referee as the fourth official is from Burundi, Thiery Nkurunziza.
With Tanzania on three points, Uganda needs an outright victory to progress to the semi-finals.
Guest country, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) completed their group games with a single point, earned after the goal-less draw with Uganda before they lost 1-0 to Tanzania.
Meanwhile, the Djibouti versus South Sudan match will be officiated by Tanzania’s Ramadhan Kayoko.
He will be assisted by countryman Kassim Mpanga and Burundian Herve Kakunze as the first and second assistant referees respectively.
Eritrea’s Tsegay Mogos Teklu is fourth official.
Uganda Vs Tanzania officials:
- Center Referee: Saddam Houssein (Djibouti)
- Assistant Referee 1: Rashid Wais (Djibouti)
- Assistant Referee 2: Micahel Gebru Eyobiel (Eritrea)
- Fourth official: Thiery Nkurunziza (Burundi)
Djibouti Vs South Sudan officials:
- Center Referee: Ramadhan Kayoko (Tanzania)
- Assistant Referee 1: Kassim Mpanga (Tanzania)
- Assistant Referee 2: Herve Kakunze (Burundi)
- Fourth official: Tsegay MogosTeklu (Eritrea)