Kampala Region League 2021-2022:
Match Day 5 (Sunday, 16th January 2022)
- Katwe United 5-6 Kisugu United
- Ntinda United 2-4 CATIDA
- Impala Hill 2-1 Kampala Junior Team (KJT)
- SC Lamancia 3-2 Industrial Area
- NEC 2-1 Black Star Masanafu
- Nsambya 3-0 Lufula
- St Mary’s 1-2 Kireka United
- Edgars 0-1 Water
- Wembley Boys 1-2 Bweyogerere
- Fire Fire 1-0 Ggaba United
Kisugu United overcame Katwe United 6-5 during a Scorpion group duel of the 2021-2022 Kampala Regional League played at the dusty Katwe Market play ground on Sunday, January 16, 2022.
Ngoga Zaga and Juma Kassim each had a brace with the other goals for Kisugu United coming from Henry Kamya and Hassan Yasir.
Katwe United’s five goals came from Micheal Shishme who struck a hat-trick and a brace for Pinto Lubega in a game handled by Ashadu Ssemeere.
With the scores tied at five goals apiece, Kassim who had also missed a 20th minute penalty netted the winner, much to the jubilation of the visiting fans.
Kisugu United climbs to 7 points from 5 matches, same number of points as Ntinda United and CATIDA.
During the games played in Scorpion group, Ntinda United fell at home to visiting CATIDA 4-2 at the Ntinda Kigoowa playground.
Frank Mulindwa’s Impala Hill remains unbeaten following a hard fought 2-1 home win over 2-1 Kampala Junior Team (KJT) at the Mulago playground.
Francis Jurua gave KJT the lead on 24 minutes. Impala Hill recovered to score through Ach Pariyo with 12 minutes left to play on the clock and a stoppage time winner by Innocent Bichop.
At St Cypriano playground, Sports Club Lamancia smiled 3-2 over visiting Industrial Area.
Table leaders NEC rallied from a goal down to overcome Black Star Masanafu 2-1at the Bugolobi Coffee playground.
NEC remains top of the standings with the maximum 12 points after victories in all the four games, just like Impala Hill.
Nsambya maintained their summit position aloft Cobra group with a 3-0 home win over Lufula at the Gogonya playground in Nsambya.
Water edged Edgars 1-0 at the Uganda Martyrs Lubaga playground.
St Mary’s fell 2-1 at home to Kireka United at Nabweru playground while Wembley Boys were beaten by visiting Bweyogerere at the Sendi playgrounds in Wankulukuku, Kabowa.
Fire Fire edged Ggaba United 1-0 in Bweyogerere.
Games on match day six will be played on Sunday, 23rd January 2022.
Match Day 6 Fixtures:
Sunday, 23rd January 2022:
- SC Lamancia Vs Ntinda United – St Cypriano
- CATIDA Vs Impala Hill – Kiira Round playground
- Kampala Junior Team (KJT) Vs Katwe United – Nakivubo Blue Primary School playground
- Industrial Area Vs NEC – Kazo Primary School playground
- Black Star Masanafu Vs Lungujja Galaxy – Lungujja Young
- Fire Fire Vs Edgars – Bweyogerere
- Water Vs St Mary’s – Kibuli Training College Playground
- Kireka United Vs Wembley Boys – Bweyogerere
- Lufula Vs Bweyogerere – Kanyanya playground
- Ggaba United Vs Nsambya – St Mbaga playground