StarTimes FUFA Big League 2021-2022 (Match Day 13):
Thursday, February 17, 2022 Results:
- Luweero United 1-0 Nyamityobora
- Blacks Power 2-0 Calvary
- Ndejje University 1-3 Maroons
- Kataka 3-0 Proline
- Kyetume 2-1 Malaba Youth Development Association (MYDA)
Luweero United edged visiting Nyamitybora 1-0 during match day 13 of the 2021-2022 FUFA Big League at the Kosovo playground in Luweero on Thursday, February 17, 2022.
Forward Derrick Mudali was the hero with the all-important goal on the evening.
Mudali struck as early as the 11th minute as the Kosovo Boys rallied to their fourth victory in as many as 12 matches.
The goal margin would have changed for the better if Allan Tebusweke, a mid-season signing for Luweero United carried the goal scoring boots.
Tebusweke missed a glittering goal scoring opportunity, failing to bury home a one-against-one incident with the goalkeeper.
Maximum points for Luweero United elevated them to 8th on the 11 team log with 15 points.
Consequently, Nyamityobora suffered their 8th defeat in 13 matches which leaves them on just 7 points, same as Malaba Youth Development Association (MYDA).
Meanwhile, table leaders Blacks Power maintained their good run with a routine 2-0 home win over visiting Calvary at the Akii Bua Memorial Stadium.
John Paul Acire and mid-season signing Fred Okot scored for the home side who have now won 8 matches in 13 games which puts them to 27 points.
Maroons recovered from a goal down to overcome Ndejje University 3-1 at the Arena of Visions.
George Akena gave Ndejje University the lead as early as the fourth minute with a header past goalkeeper Emmanuel Akol off a distant free-kick from Solomon Akodi.
Norman Odipio equalized on the stroke of half time.
Fred Amaku gave Maroons the lead three minutes into the second half.
William Kiibi’s stoppage time goal was icing on the already baked cake.
Kataka defeated visiting Proline 3-0 at the Mbale Municipal Stadium.
Bashir Kyazze, dreadlocked Francis Odongo and Emmanuel “Messi” Mukisa were all on target for Kataka.
Kataka now has 24 points with a game in hand off the first and second placed clubs.
Kyetume smiled over Malaba Youth Development Association (MYDA) 2-1 at Nakisunga Ssaza playground.
Two Ezra’s; Bidd and Kizito Kaye scored for Kyetume withPaul Orono netting for MYDA.
Match day 14 shall be played on 6th March 2022.
Match Day 14 (Sunday, 6th March 2022):
- Maroons Vs Kataka – Prisons ground, Luzira
- Ndejje University Vs Blacks Power – Arena of Vision ground, Luweero
- Proline Vs Luweero United – MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo
- Calvary Vs Kyetume – Green Light Stadium, Arua city
- Nyamityobora Vs Kitara – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara
- Ezra Kizito Kaye (Kyetume) – 10 Goals
- Fred Amaku (Maroons) – 9 Goals
- Hakim Kiwanuka (Proline) – 8 Goals
- Clinton Kamugisha (Kitara) – 8 Goals
- Geofrey Sserunkuma (MYDA) – 7 Goals
- James Okiror (Blacks Power) – 6 Goals
- Micheal Siwu (Blacks Power) – 6 Goals