URA FC 0-2 DJOLIBA AC. After URA FC’s home defeat to Djoliba AC, Kawowo sports rates players performance in the game. The score is out of 10.
1. ALLAN OWINY (GK) 7.0. He had no chance with the two strikes but was arguably URA FC top performer on the day making two brilliant saves to keep the score line respectable.
2. MASABA SIMEON 5.5. He concetrated more offensively and forgot his primary role of defending. He should have done more given the experience he posses.
3. LAWRENCE SSEGAWA 5.0. His foul on Idriss Traore resulted into the free kick from which Djoliba AC got their first strike. Had a night mare of a game.
4. SENKOMI SAM 6.5. The young lad was the only shinning light in the hosts’ back four. His game reading and distribution were neat but was on many occassions bullied by the big stature of the Malian’s side strikers.
5. MUBIRU SAMUEL 4.5. Had the worst game of his URA FC career. He was nervous from start to finish. This testifies why he set up Boubacar Bangoura for goal number two with his miscalculated square ball.
6. AGABA OSCAR 4.0. The defensive midfielder didn’t offer the much needed protection to the back four. His tackling, passing and positional sense were poor for the entire 90 minutes.
7. KAYIZZI VICENT 5.0. He missed URA SC best chance of the first half when he opted to play trickery instead of shooting first time on goal after a brilliant cross from Robert Ssentongo. Run like a headless chicken for the entire time he spent on pitch. Was later withdrawn for Augustine Nsumba in the 70th minute.
8. MANKO KAWEESA 5.0. Bad day at office for the captain. His slow thinking saw him lose balls to opponents that almost hurt his side. His passing was off colour and missed one on one opportunity when he opted to calm down and slot home. His nervous kick instead flew over the bar and was withdrawn for Said Kyeyune with over 20 minutes left.
9. PETER SSENYONJO 3.0. Coach Alex Isabirye fielded him to fight for ariel balls with the tall Malians but did nothing at all to justify why he was picked ahead of the lethal Kitagenda Hamis. Missed a clear cut chance failing to tap the ball home in the 49th minute after a teasing ball from Sula Bagala that beat the Djoliba defense line including custodian Ali Yirango. Subsituted for Hamis Kitagenda ten minutes after restart.
10. SSENTONGO ROBERT 5.5. Struggled to cope with the physically tall and energetic Djoliba defense. A willing worker for 90 minutes but could not find that much needed opening to display his poacher’s skills to punish opponents.
11. BAGALA SULA 4.5. Tried all trickery but failed to unlock the opponents rear guard. His selfishness and ball over carrying antics also denied supply to forwards at times. Frustrating.
SUBSTITUTES: KITAGENDA HAMIS 5.0. Came on for Ssenyonjo but didn’t get any chance to try at the Djoliba goalie.
AUGUSTINE NSUMBA 5.5. Came ön for Kayizzi in the 70 minutes but did little to change the game.
KYEYUNE SAID 4.0. Was a culprit for missing a seater after beating Djoliba’s offside trap having come on for his captain Manko. Poor display.