7th Uganda Woodball Open Championship:
10th – 11th October 2015 at St Joseph’s Technical Institute, Kisubi.
Uganda Woodball Federation (UWbF) has received a timely financial boost of Ugx 10M from Coral Paintings Limited for smooth organization of the 8th Uganda Woodball Open Championship slated for the weekend of 10th-11th October 2015 at St Joseph Kisubi Technical Institute, Kisubi.
The package is the first ever sponsorship deal for the Uganda Open Woodball Championship since inception seven years ago.
Officiating at the handover of the dummy cheque at the federation offices at Balintuma road in Kampala on Tuesday, UWbF President, Paul Mark Kayongo hailed the sponsors;
Coral Coatings Ltd and UWbF have one thing in common, we are much minded about the environment; our products – both the sport and paints are environmentally friendly.
The 7th Coral Coatings – Uganda Woodball Open has so far attracted over 30 teams after an agreement by the organizers to allow schools back into the competition.
The schools category was last held in 2013 during the 5th edition where St. Francis Junior School Budo emerged champions.
Kayongo asserted of the significance of Woodball in schools;
UWbF is always looking out for new talents at all levels – schools (primary and secondary), universities and corporate bodies. Besides talent identification, UWbF is always striving to build the player from school; make them competitive at university and club level; and make Woodball part of their corporate life.
The annual tournament has this year attracted new entrants from:
Schools – St. Donozio Primary School, St. Theresa Girls’ Primary School, Bishop Cyprian Kihangire S.S, Kisubi Mapeera S.S, Kisubi Seminary, Mugezi S.S, and Naalya S.S.S Lugazi.
Corporates – Coral Coatings Ltd, Mubende Woodball Club, St. Benedict Technical Institute and UNEB
Ndejje University is the most celebrated team in the history of Uganda Woodball Open now entering 7th year after emerging overall champions from 5 of the last 6 editions of the annual event; Kyambogo University emerged champions at the 1st edition held in 2009.
The 7th Uganda Woodball Open 2015 will start at exactly 9am on both days meanwhile the Mayor of Entebbe Municipality, His Worship Vincent de Paul Kayanja will grace the event.
Confirmed Participating Teams
1. Entebbe Junior Primary School – Entebbe
2. Igma Infant Primary School
3. Motherwell Junior School – Mutungo
4. Nalugala Moslem Primary School – Entebbe
5. St. Agnes Primary School – Entebbe
6. St. Donozio Primary School
7. St. Theresa Girls’ Primary School
8. Victor’s Junior Christian School
1. Airforce Secondary School – Entebbe
2. Bishop Cyprian Kihangire S.S
3. Entebbe Parents Secondary School
4. Kisubi Mapeera S.S
5. Kisubi Seminary
6. Kyambogo College School
7. Luzira Secondary School
8. Mpoma Boys School
9. Mpoma Girls School
10. Mugezi S.S
11. Naalya S.S.S Lugazi
12. Nakawa Vocational Institute
13. St. Mary’s College Kisubi
1. Bishop Stuart University
2. Botladz Woodball Club
3. Busitema University
4. Entebbe Woodball Club
5. Makerere University Business School
6. Ndejje University
7. Ndejje Woodball Club
8. Nkumba University
9. St. Joseph’s Technical Institute Kisubi
10. Uganda Christian University
1. Bank of Uganda Woodball Club
2. Coral Coatings Ltd
3. Mubende Woodball Club
4. Ndejje Corporate Club
5. Reigners Woodball Club
6. SMACON Woodball Club
7. St. Benedict Technical Institute
8. St. Joseph’s Technical Institute Kisubi
9. Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)