- Gianni Infantino is the first seating FIFA President to visit Uganda
- He will meet President Yoweri Museveni
- Will meet with UPL club chairmen and watch a match at Lugogo on Saturday
- Oversee ground breaking event of Kadiba playground
If wishes were horses, then the planned requests set for the Federation International Football Associations (FIFA) president Gianni Infantino ahead of his intended visit in Uganda would all materialize.
There is excitement for the right reasons for the historic visit of the world’s football boss.
First, Infantino shall become the first FIFA President to visit Uganda in history.
The local football body has adequately prepared for the day with a catalogue of activities.
On Wednesday, during the weekly press conference, FUFA Deputy CEO Humphrey Mandu revealed the full programme.
According to the programme, Infantino will arrive at Entebbe International Airport on Friday evening at 6:00 pm.
A well set protocol team comprising of high ranking Government dignitaries and FUFA officials will warmly receive the Italian.
He is expected to meet President Museveni at Entebbe State House, which is just a stone throw away from Entebbe International Airport.
Friday night will be crowned with a meeting between the FIFA boss and the executive committee members.
On Saturday morning, there is a planned breakfast meeting with sponsors, partners, opinion leaders, government officials and other invited guests at Serena Hotel, Kampala.
The FIFA President will switch to Hotel Africana where he will meet with the delegates of the FUFA Assembly and Special Interest groups at 8:00 am.
He will also meet Uganda Premier League Club chairpersons together with FUFA members, Ex-Internationals and active players plus FIFA retired and active referees.
Junior football been a grass root basis, a match between KCCA and Lweza junior teams has been confirmed and Infantino will watch the game at Lugogo.
Mandu, as quoted by the FUFA website is hopeful that Infantino’s visit will benefit Uganda.
We are laying foundation for the future generation. The discussions between Government officials and FIFA President will help in taking the game of football to another level.
The meeting with HE President Musevenu will drive the game forward for the future generation.
We know how much HE loves football and a meeting with FIFA President will give him chance to discuss about football development projects in Uganda
Infantino will also witness the official ground breaking ceremony at Kadiba football grounds in Rubaga, before addressing a press conference at Ivy’s Hotel Wakaliga.
- 6:00pm: Arrival at Entebbe International Airport
- 07.00 pm: State House meeting with H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, FIFA Delegation, FUFA Delegation, Hon. Minister of Education and Sports, FIFA Delegation, FUFA Delegation
- 9.00pm: FUFA EXCOM Meeting, Excom Members at Serena Hotel, Kampala
- 07.00am: BreakFast Meeting at Serena with Sponsors, Partners, Opinion Leaders, High Govt Officials and other Invited Guests
- 8.00am: Meeting at Hotel Africana with Delegates, from FRAs, SIGs, meeting with Chairpersons of UPL clubs and FUFA Members
- 9.00am: Meeting with Special Interest Groups, Exi-Internationals, Selected Players, FIFA Referees and former FIFA Referees at the Phillip Omondi Stadium
- Watching FUFA Juniors League between KCCAU17 Vs LwezaU17
- 11.00am: Ground Breaking Function at Kadiba play ground in Mengo. Will also meet with Namirembe Church officials, FUFA and FIFA officials.
- 12:00 p.m: FUFA House Visit. Meeting with Secretariat staff
- 1.00pm: Press Conference with the Media at Ivys Hotel in Mengo, Wakaliga – Kampala