- Ibrahim Kirya signed a three-year contract at URA F.C
- He has been tasked to win at least the Uganda Cup in his debut season
- He takes over from Kefa Kisala who was sacked by the club board on Sunday night
- Kirya makes his season return to the club. He has previously coached SC Villa Jogoo and most recently Lweza.
- He will be deputized by James Odoch
URA Football Club has officially unveiled Ibrahim Kirya as the new head coach at the tax collectors’ team on Wednesday afternoon.
Kirya takes over the mantle of the team on a three-year tenure with a possibility of renewal if the results are promising.
This is the second time that the Ex-Uganda Cranes defender returns to URA Football Club after serving the club in 2010 to 2013.
The function ushering in Kirya was held at the URA headquarters situated in Nakawa division, Kampala.
Rather calm on the day, Kirya promised to work with all the people at his disposal for the betterment of the team;
Football is teamwork. I want to work with all in office from managers, administrators, players and the club fans.
URA F.C will not be the same club again
Kirya takes over from Kefa Kisala who was sacked on Sunday night.
James Odoch remains the assistant coach, like he was under Kisala and Sadiq Wassa the goalkeeping coach.
New URA Chairman, James Kizza officially received the tools and instruments of power from the outgoing chairman, Ali Ssekatawa.