- FUFA Elective Assembly will be the 93rd since 1924 when FUFA was founded
- Kitara Region will be hosts
- Assembly starts at 9 a.m
- Election of FUFA President will be the main and most awaited item on the agenda
Kitara Region will host the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) Elective Assembly come August 2017.
Masindi district to be precise will host the delegates and observers ahead of the most heated item on the agenda – Election of the FUFA President.
This was announced by the FUFA Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Edgar Watson on Wednesday during the weekly press conference.
This is to announce that the 93rd FUFA Assembly which will be elective shall be held on 6th August 2017 by Kitara Region in Masindi starting at 9 a.m.
Watson also officially inaugurated the FUFA Electoral committee, that was endorsed at the 92nd FUFA Ordinary Assembly in Luwero.
The committee is headed by Sam Bakiika, a city auditor who also vowed to organize a transparent, free and fair election.
He highlighted a clear road map for the electoral process that started early April.
Addressing the media at FUFA House, Bakiika said;
We have already started the road map for a successful electoral process that will lead to the eventual elections in August 2017.
This is a process and not a one off event with a series of activities lined up.
We have trained the polling assistants and other officials in all the districts of the country.
The first task we undertook was to first ascertain the number of districts with active football leagues where we trained all the leaders. This will be a very transparent, free and fair electoral process.
The FUFA Electoral committee will run on the theme “Democratic Governance For Football Development”.
Full Road Map:
- District (District Football Associations): 10th April – 20th April 2017
- Regional (Regional Football Associations): 3rd May – 12th May 2017
- National (Special Interest Groups): 26th May – 31st May 2017
- FUFA Executive: 10th June – 22nd June 2017
Declaration of Candidates:
- District (District Football Associations): 26th April 2017
- Regional (Regional Football Associations): 16th May 2017
- National (Special Interest Groups): 2nd June 2017
- FUFA Executive: 23rd June 2017
- District (District Football Associations): 29th April 2017
- Regional (Regional Football Associations): 18th May – 20th May 2017
- National (Special Interest Groups): 5th June 2017
- FUFA Executive: 5th August 2017