2017 FUFA Corporate Tournament:
- SSL Logistics 1-0 CAA
- 102.1 FUFA f.m 0-1 Red Pepper
- Red Pepper 0 (2) – 0 (3) CAA
- 102.1 FUFA f.m 0-1 SSL Logistics
MVP: Ivan Sserubiri (CAA)
Best female player: Dorothy Nalukwago (Red Pepper)
Part of the Uganda Corporate fraternity optimally utilized Saturday to network and exercise as the annual FUFA Corporate tournament was held on a soggy Kampala International School of Uganda (KISU).
Twenty different companies including Uganda Cranes main sponsors Airtel Uganda took part in the day long gala.
2016 losing finalists SSL Logistics were this time better as they out muscled Civil Aviation Aviation (CAA) 1-0 in a tense, exciting and fast paced final match.
Felix Muhamuza scored the winning goal three minutes to full time as last year’s losing finalists to National Water and Sewage Corporation (NWSC) avenged.
An excited Muhamuza, who had scored important goals for the company in the preliminary stage told Kawowo Sports that it is a dream come true to win such an event.
Personally, i am very happy to have scored the winning goal for my company. I thank the rest of my teammates and manager Sheddy for the supporting us.
I also thank FUFA for having organized such an event which has brought us closer to other corporates
Red Pepper Publications edged FUFA f.m 1-0 to take the third place and win the bronze medals.
CAA’s Ivan Sserubiri was awarded the Most Valuable player of the tournament award as Red Pepper’s Dorothy Nalukwago took home the best female player’s accolade.
All the participating teams got certificates of participation with the best three companies each getting medals.
FUFA deputy CEO, Humprehey Mandu was the chief guest at the event in absence of the top brass FUFA officials (President, 1st Vice President and CEO) who left for Zurich for the FIFA assembly.
National Water and Sewage Corporation who had won the previous two editions lost to the eventual winners at the quarter final stage.
National Water missed the services of star player Swalleh Muhammed who had been red carded in the last group game during their encounter with CAA.
The tournament is an initiative of the FUFA Marketing department headed by Esther Musoke with the purpose of getting the corporate family closer to the FUFA set up.
- Red Pepper 0 (3) – 0 (2) BIDCO Uganda Limited
- SSL Logistics 1-0 National Water & Sewage Corporation
- CAA 0 (3) – 0 (2) KISU
- Diamond Trust Bank 2-3 102.1 FUFA f.m
Group Stage results:
- NTV Uganda 1-0 Gals Sports Betting
- Airtel Uganda 1-0 Red Pepper
- Airtel Uganda 0-0 NTV Uganda
- NTV Uganda 0-1 102.1 FUFA f.m
- Gals Sports Betting 1-0 Airtel Uganda
- 102.1 FUFA f.m 1-1 Gals Sports Betting
- Gals Sports Betting 0-3 Red Pepper
- Airtel Uganda 2-0 102.1 FUFA f.m
- Red Pepper 2-0 NTV Uganda
- SSL Logistics 1-0 KISU
- Uganda Batteries Limited 1-1 SSL Logistics
- SSL Logistics 1-0 Umeme Limited
- KISU 1-0 Uganda Batteries Limited
- Umeme 0-1 KISU
- Uganda Batteries 0-3 Umeme
- Uganda Premier League 1-5 NIC Holdings
- CAA 2-1 Asiatics
- Uganda Premier League 0-1 National Water and Sewage Corporation
- CAA 3-0 Uganda Premier League
- NIC Holdings 0-3 CAA
- Asiatics 0-0 Uganda Premier League
- National Water and Sewage Corporation 2-0 NIC Holdings
- NIC Holdings 2-0 Asiatics
- CAA 2-1 National Water and Sewage Corporation
- Hema Water 0-3 Diamond Trust Bank
- BIDCO 2-0 Lato Milk
- BIDCO 0-0 Hema Water
- Lato Milk 2-1 Ferro Mobile
- Diamond Trust Bank 1-0 BIDCO
- Hema Water 1-0 Ferro Mobile
- Lato Milk 0-0 Hema Water
- Ferro Mobile 0-3 Diamond Trust Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank 1-1 Lato Milk
- BIDCO 1-0 Ferro Mobile