2017 Copa Schools’ football:
- St Mary’s Kitende 12-0 Sebei College
- Amus College 0-0 Welden Mbarara
- Bishop Sacrament Kimanya 6-0 King Solomon
- Welden Mbarara 4-1 Yale
- Buddo SS 3-0 Kiboga Progressive
- Jinja S.S 2-0 Nkooma
- Mbale Progressive 3-2 Arua S.S
- St Mary’s Kitende 2-1 Nakaseke International college
- St Juliana Gayaza 2-1 Green Hill Kyamulibwa
- Old Kampala 1-2 Layibi College
- Masaka S.S 1-0 Kamwenge S.S
- Amus 4-0 Yale
The Copa national schools football championship continues in Masaka with a goals galore.
On Thursday, Blessed Sacrament Kimanya whitewashed King Solomon 6-0 in the most high scoring game of the day.
Welden Mbarara defeated Yale 4-1 in the other match. Buddo S.S were 3-0 winners over Kiboga Progressive as hosts Masaka S.S returned to winning ways with a slim 1-0 win against Kamwenge.
The highlight of the day was that epic clash between St Mary’s Kitende and Nakaseke International. Richard Wasswa’s coached side recovered from a goal down to win 2-1 at the St Jude playground.
Ivan Katumba gave Nakaseke International the lead on 11 minutes. Vipers midfielder cum forward Pius Wangi equalized 4 minutes later.
Fadiga Bamutulaki scored the winning goal two minutes from full time for the remarkable victory.
St Mary’s Kitende has so far posted the biggest score-line of the tournament so, winning 12-0 past Sebei College.
The early Friday morning duel between Welden and Amus College ended goal-less.
Kibuli S.S is the reigning champion.