The 21st Edition of the Nkumba Open Volleyball Tournament is set for this weekend at the university campus in Entebbe.
With some of the top clubs already in Rwanda for the Genocide Memorial Tournament, those that didn’t make the trip have a chance of landing a piece of silverware.
The event attracts participants from various categories including primary schools, secondary schools, higher institutions of learning as well as clubs.
The Nkumba Open has always coincided with the Genocide memorial tournament and some teams opt for the international event.
Sky Volleyball Club and Nkumba University won last year’s edition in the men and ladies’ categories respectively.
The games are set to start at 8am on both days in a bid to avoid postponement due to lighting. Nkumba ladies’ will be hoping to repeat last weekend’s display that saw them defeat Vision Volleyball Camp 3-2 in the league.
Defending Champions (Winners of the 20th edition 2016)
- Primary Schools – Sunrise Primary School (Boys and girls)
- Secondary Schools – St. Mary Kitende (boys), Trust High (girls)
- Institutions – Nkumba University (men) and Uganda Christian University (Women)
- Clubs – Sky Volleyball Club (men), Nkumba University Volleyball Club (Women)
NKUMBA OPEN CLUBS
- POOL A: NDEJJE, AIRFORCE, LAUREUS, UCU
- POOL B: A1, KAVC, NKUMBA – A, POLICE
- POOL D: KCCA, SHARING, NKUMBA – B, TIGERS
First games for men
- Pool A: AIRFORCE VS LAUREUS
- Pool B: A1 VS POLICE
- Pool D: KCCA vs TIGERS
- POOL A: NKUMBA, KCCA, VVC, KAVC
- POOL B: NDEJJE, COBAP, NEMO, UCU