There was free drama at FUFA House on Friday as the two aspiring candidates for FUFA Presidency Moses Magogo and Mujib Kasule were expected to return their nomination forms and present their expected full Executive Committee members.
Whereas the incumbent Magogo, escorted by about 70 delegates was successfully nominated amidst slight rain drizzles after presenting the expected forms and Executive Committee, it was rather a litmus test for the Proline director cum head coach Kasule.
Kasule will have to wait till Monday 19th June to know about the feat of his status after the FUFA Electoral Committee found his forms lacking.
The committee, headed by city auditor Samuel Bakiika notified him about the status of his nomination after verifying the documents he submitted.
Kasule, accompanied by former FUFA legal officer Muhammed Bazirengedde, Hussein Kato, Muhammed Jjagwe and former Executive Committee member Mariam Kaliga first turned up at FUFA House on Friday at 2:15 p.m and requested for time to get more papers.
Minutes after 2:30 p.m, the time he had indicated to return the nomination forms, Kasule appeared at the front gate of the FUFA House with a complaint concerning the crashed screen of his car.
“I have to first go to police and register this case. My car has been stoned and the police was just looking on. This is not fair,” Kasule told the media as he drove away.
He thus said that he required more time to sort himself out as he claimed that he needed to go to the police station to report the matter the incident.
At 4:33 p.m shortly after the nomination of the incumbent, Magogo, in came Kasule driven by his long time friend Jjagwe and money mogul, Kato.
Kasule’s forms submitted were found wanting as the chairperson of the FUFA Electoral Committee, Bakiika informed him and the media that they will meet again on Monday to come up with the final decision and way forward.
Kasule had fallen short of signatures for Executive Committee members, pass port size photographs, clarification of academic documents from UNEB, letters of recommendation from the clubs and football associations among others.
There was also another scenario when a letter from SC Villa signed by Celegarius Katongole was addressed to the Electoral Committee disowning the signature on one of the documents presented to the EC by Kasule.
Kasule and Kato instead laughed off the statement by Katongole as the EC Vice chairman Yusuf Awuye read it aloud.
In his defence, Kasule castigated the Electoral Committee for changing goal posts.
“I was presented with different documents I had to comply with moreover on Thursday, 15th June 2017 at 17:40 hours. This is contrary to the documents I had been given before,” Kasule said as he addressed the media afterwards.
On the Executive committee members presented, 9 of the 13 persons needed were well written out on the paper.
Only Kasule had signed and the other eight had no signatures, academic credentials attached nor passport size photos.
These were; Sam Lwere, Sam Mpiima, Muhammed Bazirengedde, Loida Nambi, Engajan Wandera, Obed Nsaba, Ronald Mutebi and Peter Okwi.
He promised to fight on and present the missing documents by Monday.
Now, as it stands, Magogo is the only nominated candidate as Kasule waits for his turn on Monday.