On a chilly and rainy Friday afternoon in Kampala at FUFA House, incumbent FUFA president, Moses Magogo was successfully nominated by the Electoral Committee to run for the top job again.
Magogo was driven into the premises in his lavish car at around 3:30 p.m. Moments later, a swarm of boda boda riders and about 70 delegates donning white T-shirts with a Magogo portrait and inscription ‘Moses Magogo the Historical President’ followed from the side of Mengo Hospital FUFA House in a procession.
He was then accorded a guard of honour, accompanied by the FUFA national teams’ officer, Patrick Ntege, his new proposed executive committee members and a large section of the delegates emerged was successfully nominated at 4:10 p.m by the chairperson of the FUFA Electoral Committee Samuel Bakiika.
“Having duly satisfied the terms and requirements set by the FUFA Electoral Commission, we announce aspiring candidate Eng. Moses Magogo successful,” Bakiika remarked.
Vows for continuity:
After returning the forms, Magogo hinted on the continued plans to consolidate the achievements registered in the previous 4 years.
“I am grateful of the full delegates who have expressed their support towards me throughout this process. Our executive will consolidate the achievements attained over the previous 4 years and work hard to clean up wherever is lacking,” Magogo told the media at FUFA House.
2017-2021 Proposed FUFA Executive
Magogo also presented his full executive committee before the FUFA Electoral committee.
He maintained Justus Mugisha and Darius Mugoye as the first and second vice presidents respectively.
The third Vice president (in charge of Uganda Premier League clubs) will be named by 26th June 2017.
He also named the members on his new executive committee. Notably missing is the Samuel duo of Mpiima and Lwere as well as
The new faces on the proposed 2017-2021 FUFA Executive include; Mukiidi Kalyebala (North), Issa Magoola (Eastern) and Hajji Abdul Lukooya (Buganda).
The six maintained members are; Rogers Byamukama (Kitara Region), Rasoul Ariga (West Nile), Kirizesitom Kalibala (Western Region), Richard Ochom (North East Region), Hamid Juma (Kampala Region) and Agnes Mugena (North East Region).
Meanwhile, Mujib Kasule’s nomination is still pending after failure to fulfil with the conditions set.
Full Executive Committee:
- President: Eng. Moses Magogo Hassim
- 1st Vice President: Justus Mugisha
- 2nd Vice President: Darius Mugoye
- 3rd Vice President: (To be named later)
Executive Committee members:
- Rogers Byamukama (Kitara Region Football Association)
- Rasoul Ariga (West Nile Football Association)
- Hajji Abdul Lukooya (Buganda Region Football Association)
- Issa Magoola (Eastern Region Football Association)
- Kalyebala Mukiidi (Northern Region Football Association)
- Kirizesitom Kalibala (Western Region Football Association)
- Richard Ochom (North East Region Football Association)
- Hamid Juma (Kampala Region Football Association)
- Agnes Mugena (North East Region Football Association)