2018 CECAFA U-17 Championship:
- Uganda U-17 (Cubs) 1-1 Tanzania U-17
Special moments in life always call for, and necessitate special personalities.
Exactly, as the Uganda national U-17 team needed someone to lift them up against Tanzania in the 2018 CECAFA U-17 championship, it was the immensely talented Moses Bakabulindi, a 15 year forward playing for Vipers Sports Club.
Bakabulindi scored in the 89th minute at a time Uganda was trailing one goal down against neighbours Tanzania as the two countries shared the spoils in a group B encounter at the Muyinga stadium, Burundi.
Burundi took a first half lead through Agiri Alistides Ngoda, a forward playing with Future Stars Academy in Bujumbura.
The true fighting spirit from Peter Onen and Hamuza Lutalo’s coached charges was exhibited as the youngsters fought up to the last whistle.
Uganda returns to action on Wednesday, 18th April 2018 against Sudan.
TEAM LINE UPS:
Uganda U-17 XI:
George William Oluka (G.K), Musa Jaggwe, Joseph Kafumbe, Ibrahim Okellot, Gavin Kizito Mugweri (Captain), Gerald Kirya, Moses Bakabulindi, Andrew Kawooya, Sula Mpanga, Thomas Kakaire, Ivan Asaba
Ronald Kiberu, Daniel Ssemogerere, Owen Mukisa, Rogers Mugisha, Davis Ssekajja, Kenty Anthony, AbdulWahid Idd, Ibrahim Juma, Jimmy Muber
- Head Coach: Peter Onen
- Assistant Coach: Hamuza Lutalo
- Goalkeeping Coach: Mubarak Kiberu
- Team Manager: Bashir Mutyaba
- Team Doctor: Emmanuel Nakabago
- Kits Manager: Frank Bumpenje
- Media Officer: Hassan Kirunda Kakaire
Tanzania U-17 XI:
Bashir Twaliba Athuman (G.K), Alphonce Mabula Msanga, Pascal Gaudence Msindo, Ally Hamis Ally, Amiri Said Njeru, Mustafa, Rashid Nankuku, Erick Bonophace B, Morice Michael Abraham (Captain), Alistides Agiri Ngoda, Jafari Juma Mtoo, Edson Jeremiah Mshirakandi
Shana Hassan Kimwaga, James Kefa Begile, Salum Abubakari Lupepo, Said Abdallah Zanda, Juma Ladaki Chasambi, Fred Lenox Chande, Thomas Jefferson Oliver
Head coach: Kim Poulsen (Denmark)
- Center Referee: Muhamed Nur (Somalia)
- Assistant Referee 1: Oliver Omondi (Kenya)
- Assistant Referee 2: Hassan Mao (Somalia)
- Fourth Official: Selase Worko (Ethiopia)
- Referees Assessor: Bernard Mfbusa (Burundi)
- Commissioner: Hassan Amir (Somalia)
- Technical Study Group: Sunday Kayuni (Tanzania)
- Media Officer: Rogers Mulindwa (Uganda)