32nd Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON):
- 19th June – 19th July 2019
- Host Country: Egypt (Cairo International Stadium, Air Force Stadium, Port Said Stadium, Ismailia Stadium, Suez Sport Stadium, Alexandria Stadium)
One of the many key talking points from the draws for the AFCON 2019 finals in Egypt is definitely the meeting of two East African countries Kenya and Tanzania in group C.
Kenya against Tanzania has always been a close contest to predict, epic and usually explosive in nature.
From the 13 games between these rival countries, Tanzania has a lion’s share of positive statistics with four wins to Kenya’s three.
There have been six stalemates apiece.
The two countries were drawn together in group C alongside West Africa’s Senegal and North Africans Algeria.
Kenya and Tanzania may seeming look the paper weight in the group, basing on their lowly FIFA ranking, but any sort of surprise is much possible at such a championship.
Senegal is the best ranked African country at the moment in the 23rd position, with Algeria 70th.
The CECAFA member nations are distant; Kenya is 108th as Tanzania seats 131st.
The other CECEAFA countries Uganda and Burundi were drawn in A and B respectively.
Uganda, 78th on the current FIFA log is in group A alongside the 32nd edition hosts Egypt, DR Congo and Zimbabwe.
Burundi is in group B with Nigeria, Guinea and new fellow new comers Madagascar.
Defending champions Cameroon are in group F with fellow West Africans Ghana, Benin and Guinea Bissau.
The draw was held in Giza, Cairo on Friday night.
- A: Egypt, DR Congo, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- B: Nigeria, Guinea, Madagascar, Burundi
- C: Senegal, Algeria, Kenya, Tanzania
- D: Morocco, Cote D’Voire, South Africa, Namibia
- E: Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Angola
- F: Cameroon, Ghana, Benin, Guinea Bissau