2019 Netherlands Business Golf Day:
- Wu Wei Ling (H/C 17) – 43 Stableford Points
Chinese golfer Wu Wei Ling smiled home as the overall winner at the 2019 Netherlands Business Golf Day at the Uganda Golf Club over the weekend.
The handicap 17 golfer returned a total of 43 stable ford points to topple the rest of the field that had a total of 180 golfers in a tourney bankrolled by DFCU Bank, Shares, Shell Uganda, Sadolin Paints among others.
Wei won a business class return air ticket courtesy of KLM Airlines to any desired European destination.
Netherlands ambassador in Uganda Baker Henk flanked by the KLM Airlines representative Lukia Otema handed over the symbolic e-ticket dummy and the overwhelmed Wei, who failed to say any word because of language hitches.
Ambassador Henk lauded the golfing family that comes together every year to celebrate together adding that this championship is to further stamp the Dutch presence in Uganda, provide a plat form for further networking among other objectives.
I am so happy to see very many golfers together and the business community brought together to celebrate as one family through the Netherlands Business Day golf championship. I thank all the golfers, sponsors, partners and the Uganda Golf Club for making this happen
Netherlands ambassador in Uganda Baker Henk
Angel Tumwesiggye won group A men with 38 points, Pius Biribonwoha bossed group B men with 37 points, winning on count back over Emmanuel Wamala and Paul Nuwagaba.
With 39 points, Israel Arinaitwe took charge of group C ahead of Conrad Odere (38) and Joseph Bogera (38).
In group D, Chun Liang Huang was the best with 36 points ahead of Kwon Yong Bae (35 points) and Hassan Pirani (35 points).
Long hitting Martha Babirye triumphed in group A with 36 points to win ahead of Jeninah Nasimolo (35) and Harriet Kitaka (34).
Another Nasimolo entity, Maureen was the best in group B with 36 points winning on count back ahead of Shiela Kensiime and Elizabeth Musimero.
In group C, Brenda Maraka returned 39 stable ford points to emerge as the best.
Victoria Ngabire and Eve Araduha were first and second runners up respectively.
The Netherlands Business Day Golf championship is an annual event funded the Dutch Embassy in Uganda, supported by a number of corporate organizations.
The Dutch Band provided the entertainment to the golfers and other guests during merry making at the famous 19th hole.
DFCU Bank is glad and delighted to sponsor the annual Netherlands Business Day Golf Championship. I thank the golfers, other sponsors and the organizers for a successful championshipMathias Katamba, DFCU Bank representative
We are always privileged to be part of the Netherlands Business Golf Day tournamentRakesh Rao, CEO Sadolin Paints
Full List of Winners (Stable ford points considered):
- Wu Wei Ling (H/C 17) – 43
- Winner: Angel Tumwesigye – 38
- Runners up: Michael Tumusiime – 37 (Countback)
- 1st Runners up: Hassan Kiyemba – 37
- Winner: Pius Biribonwoha – 37 (Count Back)
- Runners up: Emmanuel Wasswa
- 1st Runners up: Paul Nuwagaba
- Winner: Israel Arinaitwe – 39
- Runners up: Conrad Odere – 38 (Countback)
- 1st Runners up: Joseph Bogera – 38
- Winner: Chun Liang Huang – 36
- Runners up: Kwon Yong Bae -35 (Countback)
- 1st Runners up: Hassan Pirani -35
- Winner: Martha Babirye – 36
- Runners up: Jeninah Nasimolo – 35
- 1st Runners up: Harriet Kitaka – 34
- Winner: Maureen Nasimolo – 36
- Runners up: Sheila Kensiime – 36
- 1st Runners up:Elizabeth Musimero – 36
- Winner: Brenda Maraka – 39
- Runners up: Victoria Ngabire – 29
- 1st Runners up: Eve Araduha – 28