The 2019 Fresh Diary Senior Secondary School ball games one started on Sunday in the Eastern Uganda district of Mbale.
These games include football (girls), rugby (boys), volleyball, tennis, table tennis, badminton, basketball and hockey (both gender).
In some of the early kick off games in boys’ basketball, it was a revenge mission for St Cyprian Kyabakadde who overcame rivals Seeta High Green 51-43 in close contest.
For starters, Kyabakadde had lost to the same opposition during the district (Mukono) qualifiers.
Buddo S.S humiliated Nabumali High School 81-14, Kisaasi College School beat Viva College Jinja 53-44 and Trinity Academy were 57-54 winners over Bethel Covenant.
In basketball girls; St. Noa Girls whipped Kyebambe Girls 91-5, St. Mary’s Kitende out-muscled Iganga S.S 79-16, Marry Hill Mbarara defeated Sacred Heart Gulu 58-27 and Nabisunsa Girls fell to Seeta High 12-37.
St Mary’s Kisubi out-witted Seeta High 20-0, Seeta High and Old Kampala match ended goal-less.
Mbarara High and Kings College Buddo also failed to produce any goal whilst Kawempe Muslim narrowly won 1-0 against St Mary’s Girls.
The Rugby 15’s games for the boys witnessed power house Namilyango College debase hosts Mbale S.S 36-3 at the Mbale Rugby grounds.
Another Rugby king St Mary’s College Kisubi won 21-3 over Mbarara High as Lango College School fell 31-00 to Makerere College School.
A total of 23 goals were scored in the seven games played over in girls football.
Mukono High School recorded the lion’s share of these goals, condemning New Horizon 11-0.
St.Noa Girls smiled 4-0 over Restore Academy as the defending champions Kawempe Muslim overcame Fines High School 3-0.
Entebbe based Tagy High School lost 2-1 to Iganga’s King of Kings.
There were three stalemates. St Catherine and Echoes High School played to a one all draw.
Meanwhile two games ended goal-less after normal time. These were Gadafi Integrated against Uganda Martyrs as well as Olila High School with Pride Mixed SS.
The games will continue on Monday, 6th May 2019 with day two across the different venues in Mbale town.
Also, the official opening ceremony shall be held on the same day.
The opening day was a success and I thank the sponsors as well as the participating schools. I call upon the fans to turn up and watch these games to morale boost the players
Moses Buyera, Head teacher of Mbale S.S
All the boys are accommodated at Nkooma S.S as the girls are at the games host school, Mbale S.S.
Day 1 Results:
- Buddo SS 81-14 Nabumali High School
- Trinity Academy 57-54 Bethel Covenant
- Kisaasi College 53-44 Viva College Jinja
- Seeta High Green 43-51 St. Cyprian Kyabakadde
- St. Noa Girls 91-5 Kyebambe
- St. Mary’s Kitende 79-16 Iganga SS
- Marry Hill Mbarara 58-27 Secret Heart Gulu
- Nabisunsa Girls 12-37 Seeta High
Boys Rugby 15’s:
- Namilyango College 36-3 Mbale SS
- Lango College School 0-31 Makerere College School
- St Mary’s College Kisubi 21-3 Mbarara High school
- St Mary’s Kisubi 20-00 Seeta High
- Seeta High 0-0 Old Kampala
- Mbarara High 0-0 Kings College Buddo
- St Mary’s Girls 0-1 Kawempe Muslim
- Mukono High School 11-0 New Horizon
- St.Noa Girls 4-0 Restore Academy
- Kawempe Muslim 3-0 Fines High School
- King of Kings 2-1 Tagy High School
- St Catherine 1-1 Echoes High Sch
- Gadafi Integrated 0-0 Uganda Martyrs
- Olila High School 0-0 Pride Mixed SS