NIC shooter Stella Oyella will captain Uganda’s She Cranes at the SPAR Challenge Tri-Nations in Cape Town, South Africa.
The She Cranes will face South Africa and Namibia from March 25-31 with an all-home-based player composition as named by head coach Rashid Mubiru on Monday.
The test series will help Uganda maintain a top twelve place in the International Netball Federation (INF) ranking that automatically qualifies them for the Commonwealth Games.
She Cranes and Proteas last faced off at last year’s World Cup with the Ugandans beaten 67-40.
The team that’s comprised of mostly first timers is expected to travel to South Africa on Friday.
- Shooters: Stella Oyella (NIC) – Captain, Irene Eyaru (KCCA) – Assitant Captain, Anisha Muhameed Nakatte (UCU), Shadia Nassanga (KCCA)
- Midcourt: Sarah Nakiyunga (KU), Susan Mamie Mukala (Police), Florence Adunia (NIC)
- Defenders: Nasimu Mutesi (NIC), Shaffie Nalwanjja (KCCA), Joan Nampungu (NIC), Prevas Kayeny (NIC), Fauzia Mumena (Prisons)
- Rashid Mubiru (Head Coach), Lina Okee (Assistant Coach), Priscilla Adong (Physio)
- Thursday, March 25: South Africa vs. Uganda – 7:00pm (EAT)
- Friday, March 26: Uganda vs. Namibia – 7:00pm (EAT)
- Saturday, March 27: South Africa U21 vs. Uganda – 7:00pm (EAT)
- Sunday, March 28: Namibia vs. Uganda – 11:00am (EAT)
- Sunday, March 28: South Africa vs. Uganda – 7:00pm (EAT)
- Monday, March 29: Uganda vs. Namibia – 7:00pm (EAT)
- Wednesday, March 31: South Africa vs. Uganda – 5:00pm (EAT)