Circumstances of the case
It was stated in the referees report of SUPL match between Kyetume FC Vs Tooro United FC played on Wednesday 15th January 2020 at The Mighty Arena-Jinja, that Tooro United FC among others fielded an ineligible player in the names of Kasibante James.
The allegation was premised on the fact that the aforementioned player had no licence for the match making him ineligible to play against Kyetume FC on the above mentioned matchday.
Tooro United FC submitted their response to the disciplinary proceedings.
Article 26(3) of the FUFA Competitions rules establishes that, “A player(s) whose license cannot be presented by club officials at the time of inspection, shall be ineligible to play in the respective FUFA Competition Match…”
The CDP finds that;
1. Tooro United FC fielded Kasibante James against Kyetume FC on 15 January 2020.
2. Kasibante James was registered and issued with a licence by FUFA on 17 January 2020 at 4:00pm
3. Kasibante James was ineligible to play the match against Kyetume FC on 15 January 2020.
Accordingly, CDP orders that;
1. Tooro United FC loses the match against Kyetume FC by forfeiture in accordance with Art. 19 (19) of the FUFA Competitions Rules which establishes that, “A Club that fields an ineligible player shall lose the match by forfeiture to the opposing team.”
2. The table standings be updated accordingly.
|Date||Time||League||Season||Match Day||Full Time|
|January 15, 2020||4:30 pm||Uganda Premier League||2019/20 UPL||17||90'|
|Team||1st Half||2nd Half||Goals||Outcome|
|Tooro United FC||0||0||0||Loss|