Greenhill Academy made home advantage count as they emerged overall best team at the one day Uganda Swimming Federation (USF) National Secondary Schools Championships held on Saturday in Kibuli.
This was the fourth time Greenhill was winning this competition open to only National Secondary Schools since its inception in 2015. The feat was achieved just a fortnight after their primary school side won the USF Midland National Primary Schools Gala at the same venue.
Greenhill, which collected 1,892 points, beat competition from Seeta Green Campus which had 1,639 point and Seeta High School Main Campus which was third with 1,537.
Seeta Green will have consolation in the fact that they topped the girls’ category with 928 points while the Main Campus topped the boys with 816 points.
However, the overall trophy went to Greenhill because they balanced it out better coming second in both categories. Seeta Main Campus finished third among the girls (591) while Green was fifth (531) in the boys.
Thirteen year old Daudi Ochieng was Green Hill’s best performer with 160 points and eight gold medals.
- Greenhill Academy – 1,892
- Seeta Green Campus – 1,639
- Seeta High Main Campus – 1,537
- Taibah High School – 1,208
- Seeta High School Nama – 1,116
- St. Mary’s College, Kisubi – 720
- King’s College Budo – 672
- Gayaza High School – 453
- Girls: Esther Atto (Greenhill) – 148 points
- Boys: Daudi Ochieng (Greenhill) – 160
- Girls: Mary Nassuna (Seeta Green) – 122
- Boys: Namanya Ampaire (Greenhill) – 132
16 and over
- Girls: Mariam Tendo (Greenhill) – 158
- Boys: Jeremy Katende (Taibah) – 142