Friday May 11, 2018
- Express Vs SC Villa – Wankulukuku 4pm Live on Azam TV
Express FC were painfully beaten 1-0 by their arch rivals in the first round fixture but now they are offered the chance to exact some sort of revenge as SC Villa arrive at Mutesa II stadium, Wankulukuku for another ‘Kampala’ derby.
The two sides clash on Friday in arguably their biggest game of the season especially for the hosts who are battling with relegation.
Despite an improved performance in the second round of the league, Express FC are not yet anywhere near SC Villa’s level which is understandable as far as the campaign is concerned.
SC Villa lost ground in the title race with a defeat at UPDF over the weekend but Vipers failure to beat Kirinya on Tuesday means the Jogoos still have a chance to win the title.
That makes the match at Wankulukuku a must win for Wasswa Bbosa’s side while Express’ draw at URA on Saturday at Namboole means they stay 3rd from bottom with 27 points and must win to enlighten survival chances.
- Express have won 2, drawn 2 and Lost 1 of their last five league games.
- SC Villa have won 2, drawn 1 and Lost 2 of their last five league games.
- Express have only won once against SC Villa in the last seven league games; lost 5 and drawn once.
- There has been only three goalless draws between the two sides in the last 15 league meetings.
- SC Villa have lost just one away game against the Red Eagles in the last six games – the 1-0 defeat to Allan Kyambadde strike last season.
The hosts will rely on the enterprising Michael Birungi, Alfred Leku and Shafik ‘Nana’ Kakeeto while SC Villa have former Express star Allan Kyambadde, Martin Kizza and Godfrey Lwesibawa to inspire them.