The long-awaited Uganda Kickboxing Federation (UKF) annual Extraordinary General Assembly by the legitimate body in office that was scheduled to take place at the Lugogo Indoor Arena on Saturday, January 25, 2020 did not take place.
The reason; there was a court injunction served to the body on the eve of the assembly (with the National Council of Sports copied).
The injunction was served on behalf of the rival faction led by Malik Kaliisa who was sworn into office last Tuesday at Centenary Park in Kampala.
“An interim court order doth issue restraining the respondents from holding an extraordinary general assembly scheduled for the 25th day of January 2020,” the interim order from Her Worship Beatrice Kainza in the presence of Samson Kyomukama, counsel for the applicant read in part.
By the time which had been scheduled to kick off the assembly at the MTN Lugogo Indoor Arena, the facilitated was occupied by delegates from the Uganda Athletics Federation (UAF).
Consequently, the kickboxing officials opted for the nearby Route 256 Restaurant opposite the Uganda Olympic Committee (UOC) in Lugogo to brief the eagerly awaiting delegates who had come from near and far.
“We have consulted our lawyers and advised we have to respect the court order halting the Annual General Assembly. They advised we can hold a meeting to address the delegates but leave out the agenda,” a visibly disappointed Luyooza told the delegates.
Vowed to shut them down:
Luyooza who was flanked by Major Richard Mpangire of UPDF kickboxing club and female kickboxer Patricia Apolot raised his voice and vowed to fight on.
“We shall shut them down. I will do whatever it takes to promote kickboxing. I will stand by you. Let us keep united. I was elected genuinely. My service ends in March 2020 and thereafter, we shall hold fresh elections,” Luyooza said.
The delegates were promised to keep calm as the waters quickly calm down and sanity is restored.
Lunch was served as they departed back to their respective destinations.
Now the entire public awaits to see how Luyooza reacts unto the court order from the camp of Kaliisa.
Delegates in attendance:
- Kapelebyong: Joseph Abiar, Patrick Eyou
- Kalaki: Epuru Bija, Denis Etengu
- Soroti: Patrick Otidi, David Opio
- Elohim: Patricia Apolot, Zebulon
- Ausi: Ausi Kalabuki, David Moses Omoding
- Ngora: Moses Okedi, Gabriel Omoding
- +256 Iganga: Julius Ejonu, Musa Mugisha
- Bugiri Dragons: Muhammad Bagiire, Ibrahim Bisso
- Nyero: Simon Peter Achila, David Otim
- Tiger Fisian: Dan Mukose, Moses Peter Gesa
- Mbarara City: Akim Kazungu, Ausi Mbarara
- Cobra (Kasese): Hamidu Baluke, Jafari Kambale
- Umoja: Adam Kasim Katongole, Justus Zibanda Turinawe
- Power Rangers: Noah Mugisha, Mubarak Tukahebwa
- Hard Body: Peter Kizito Ssebanenya, Musa Kajjoba
- Ntinda: Haman Ssevume, David Mulangira
- Kinaawa: Hussein Lutaaya, David Baluku
- Just A Kick: Joel Ssemanda, Aziz Nsubuga
- Golola Talent Academy: Hussein Kigudde, Alex Ssekitto
- Power Flex: Patrick Luyooza, Gerald Mbuga
- UPDF: Major Richard Mpangire, Cpl Dorren Akello
- Kampala University (Luweero Campus): David Opus, Simon Ajaru
- Uganda Prisons: Simon Lubangakene, Shakul Bwette
- Uganda Police: Peter Malavu Maganda, Geoffrey Acella
- Hard Marks: Brenda Alum, Moronnie Ogwang
- Lira Destiny: Emmanuel Opio, Nicholas Ogwal
- Lango: Walter Akabo, Maxwell James Ogwang
- Akalo Comprehensive: Denis Ogwal, Vivian Alonyo
- Okwero Dot: Geoffrey Ekol, Robinson Ekol
- Opeta: Daniel Oblong, Andrew Opio
- Oyam: Alex Okello Ociko Pii, Alex Owich
- Kole Black Tiger: Felix Odongo, Scovia Amolo
- Face Ox: Allan Adea, Solomon Odongo
- Lira Town College: Benard Ario, Sylvester Okello
- Youngster: Denis Ayio, Denis Ojok
- Otuke: Washington Opio, Emmanuel Odero
- Akalo Technical: Mercy Patricia Akello, Muhammad Emir
- Aleka: Tonny Ocen, Dorin Ocen
- Lira: Daniel Omara, Emmanuel Ocai
- Dokolo: Polman Ojil, Andrew Odongo
- Team Wong: Emmanuel Okello, Marcy Atim
- Apala: Joe Odongo, Susan Akello