Ibrahim Magaandazi, 20, is an intelligent footballer comfortable at the backline positions and can be deployed as a holding midfielder.
Magaandazi is currently licensed at Uganda Premier League outfit Mbarara City Football Club.
He joined Mbarara City last season after agreeing terms with the club management and has always worked hard to play every match.
I keep working hard every day because I am focused and determined to improve on the grey aspects of my game. I want to become a better player than I was yesterday, definitely coming with more playing timeIbrahim Magaandazi
Christened as Maga, the diminutive player compensates his pint sized structure with vast footballing skills.
Magaandazi was born on 3rd March 2000 to Ramadhan Matovu and Jane Ayebazibwe Jane in Masaka.
He kick-started his footballing journey at Express Junior Academy in Masaka.
I owe my firm foundation at Express Junior Academy in Masaka City. Here, the football basics as ball control, passing, on and off the ball movements, heading, dribbling, turning, positioning and shooting were taught to us.Magaandazi recounts
He then shifted base to Synergy Football Club, a rich football hub based in Masaka City.
After a promising time at Synergy where he featured in Buganda Regional League and FUFA Big League, Mbarara City came knocking on the doors, a deal fueled by Synergy director Brian Ssenyondo.
Ssenyondo believes Magaandazi has improved for the better as a player in all aspects of the game.
“Magaandazi is very solid. He is a good player in air and comfortable with the ball on his feet. He is a utility player who plays all the back four and all numbers in the midfield. Besides, he is young and focused,” Ssenyondo disclosed to Kawowo Sports about Magaandazi’s abilities.
Magaandazi’s education witnessed him study at Good Foundation Primary School (P1-P4 classes) before he joined Nyendo Modern for P5 where he sat the Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE).
For secondary school, he studied at Centenary High School in Masaka for S1 and S2 classes.
In senior three, he shifted to German International School in Entebbe from where he finished his Ordinary Level Examinations.
“Magaandazi is a good and obedient player who loved to train as well as follow instructions,” Ronald Mutegesi, his coach at German International School confesses.
For the Advanced Level education, he returned to his birth place in Masaka as he was enrolled at Masaka Secondary School, hitherto tagged Aga Khan.
Simon Peter Mugerwa, the head coach at Masaka SSS back then, rates Magaandazi’s versatility.
“For the ability to play in both midfield and defence with excellent footballing skills, Magaandazi stood out. His game reading is top notch with good ball distribution,” Mugerwa speaks of Magaandazi.
He admires Mbarara City captain Hilary Mukundane, Uganda Cranes center half Murushid Jjuuko, Rickman (Savedalens IF), Nelson Semedo (Barcelona) as well as Bayern Munich’s Benjamin Pavad.
- Full Name: Ibrahim Magaandazi
- Nick-name: Maga
- Date of Birth: 3rd March 2000
- Parents: Ramadhan Matovu and Jane Ayebazibwe
- Residence: Masaka City
- Education: Birimuye Nursery School – Masaka, Good Foundation Primary School – Masaka (P1-P4), Nyendo Modern School – Masaka (P5-P7), Centenary High School – Masaka (S1-S2), German International School – Entebbe (S3-S4), Masaka Secondary School (S5-S6)
- Strong Foot: Right
- Playing positions: Defence & Midfield
- Key Attributes: Good ball control, dribbling, game reading and ball passing
- Career: Express Junior Club – Masaka (Youth Academy), Synergy Football Club – Masaka (FUFA Big League and Buganda Regional League), Mawogola Ssaza (Masaza Football Competition), Mbarara City Football Club (Current)
- Role models: Hilary Mukundane, Murushid Jjuuko, Nelson Semedo (Barcelona), Rickman (Savedalens IF), Benjamin Pavad (Bayern Munich)
- Best Dish: Pillawo (Fried rice mixed with meat)
- Toughest opponent: None
- Hobbies: Playing FIFA Video Games, Watching Uganda Football competitions