Newly appointed Onduparaka Football Club assistant coach Abu Mubarak Wamboya has expressed readiness to serve the West Nile based entity with diligence.
Wamboya was appointed assistant coach to Villai Bainomugisha as former Uganda Cranes goalkeeper Ibrahim Kongo was named goalkeeping coach.
The CAF “C” Licensed tactician has since remarked that he is ready for the task ahead of the grueling 2020-21 Uganda Premier League season.
I am ready for the task presented before me and the rest of the technical team members. I vow to offer the best service as per my experience and expertise in all the aspects of football.Abu Mubarak Wamboya, Assistant Coach – Onduparaka Football Club
The former defender had an eventful career playing at several clubs across the divisions of football.
He featured in the Uganda Premier League at CRO (two spells – 2006-07 and 2013-14), Express (2009-10) and Kampala City Lads (2005).
Wamboya also played in the second division (FUFA Big League) at Jinja Municipal Council (2010-11).
This was after elevated from the lower division ranks as Mbale Green Eagles (1999-2000), Mbale Cubs (2001),Mbale Bukonde (2002-03), Mbale CRO (2004) and Jinja Arsenal (Regional League – 2011-12).
Born in Mbale, Wamboya also ventured into Beach Soccer, playing for St. Lawrence University Beach Soccer Club in the 2014-15 season before he switched to Dalumba Beach Soccer Club in the subsequent season.
Wamboya holds a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology from Kampala International University (KIU)
He was part of the Eastern Province team in the FUFA Inter-Provinces tournament hosted in Lira, in 2009.
I am a well-organized team player, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks with nine years coaching experience. I am a perfectionist and always want to achieve the best out of the lot. I am an achiever who does not fear taking risk. I am always a unifier wherever found, as well as helping to accelerate the achievements of goals. I have positioned myself as a valuable resource in a variety of situations. I am an excellent communicator, confident in dealing with people from all walks of life and a team player who is focused and appreciates the need to remain flexible.Abu Mubarak Wamboya, Assistant Coach – Onduparaka Football Club
Wamboya has handled a number of teams in scouting, head coach and assistant coach roles.
He was head coach of the CRO Academy U-14 team (2008-09), head coach CRO Academy U18 (2011), head Coach Mathare Youth Academy U17 (2011-12), head coach Trinity Soccer Academy – Bukoto (2013), head coach – Edgars Youth Team FC (2014), head coach St. Bernard’s College Kisweera, Masaka (2016), head coach Seeta High School Green Campus (2016-17), assistant coach – Bugisu Province (2017), head coach Kibuli Football Club 2016-2018, assistant coach at Vipers Sports Club (2018-19) and lately assistant coach at Kiboga Young Football Club in Mbale (2019-20) before the latest appointment at Onduparaka.
He has also handled special appointments as the opposition scout in the 2015 Coca-Cola Post primary championships and served in the same role for Vipers Sports Club in 2017.
Full Name: Abu Mubarak Wamboya
Place of Birth: Mbale
Date of Birth: 22nd July 1983
- KIU 3rd runners up – East Africa Inter-university Games- Kenya (December 2004)
- Mbale CRO F.C – Mbale district Football Champions and Zonal champions (2004)
- Mbale CRO F.C – Super mini League Champions and promoted to Uganda Super league (2005)
- Mbale CRO F.C- Super mini champions and promoted to Uganda Super League (2008)
- Eastern province team – Captained the province team (2009)
- KIU 3rd Runners up East African inter University Games Kenya December (2010)
- KIU 3rd Runners-up in Pepsi cola Beach Soccer League (2013-2014)
- St. Lawrence University –2nd Runners up Beach Soccer League 2014-2015
As a Coach:
- CRO Academy U14 – 3rd place of MYSA Cup in Kenya (2008/09)
- CRO F.C Academy U18 – 2nd place of MYSA Cup in Moshi –Tanzania (2011)
- Edgars Youth Team FC –3rd place Airtel Rising star Kampala-Uganda (2014)
- St. Bernard’s College Kisweera- (Masaka) – District champions 2nd position (2016)
- Bugisu Province – Semi Final 3rd place FUFA drum (2017)
- Kibuli FC – 2nd place MDFA 1st Division League (2016-2018)
- Vipers Sports Club – 2nd round qualification in CAF champions league 2nd Match 2018.
- Kiboga Young qualification to the FUFA Big league playoffs qualifications (2019-2020)
- Head Coach – CRO Academy U14 –Mbale (2008-2009)
- Head coach – CRO F.C Academy U18 (2011)
- Head Coach – Mathare Youth Academy U17 (2011-2012)
- Head Coach –Trinity Soccer Academy- Bukoto (2013)
- Head Coach – Edgars Youth Team (2014)
- St. Bernard’s College Kisweera- (Masaka) – District champions (2016)
- Head Coach Seeta High School Green Campus (2016-2017)
- Assistant Coach -Bugisu Province (2017)
- Head Coach -Kibuli (2016-2018)
- Assistant Coach – Vipers Sports Club (2018-2019)
- Assistant Coach – Kiboga Young, Mbale (2019/2020)
- Opposition scout – Coca-Cola Post primary (2015)
- Opposition scout for Vipers sports club (2017)
- Ray United, USA (2015)