- 2020-21 Uganda Premier League (Matchday 3)
- Friday, 11th December 2020
- KCCA Vs Mbarara City – MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo (4 PM)
KCCA Football Club seeks the early advantage in the league as they look for their third straight victory against visiting Mbarara City at the MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo on Friday, December 11, 2020.
The contest comes days after a convincing 8-0 win against hapless Onduparaka on Tuesday at the same ground.
On the same day, Mbarara City fell 3-0 away to Sports Club Villa at the Army Military Stadium in Bombo, having earlier drawn with URA at the Kakeeka Stadium during the one all draw.
Caretaker coach Muhammed Kisekka will still be on the touchline for Mbarara City at a time head coach Brian Ssenyondo is away with the U-17 national team in Rwanda where he is assistant to Hamzah Lutalo for the CECAFA U-17 Challenge Cup.
KCCA’s Mike Mutebi expressed readiness to face Mbarara City but confirmed during the pre-match press conference that midfielder Gift Alii will not be available.
The rest of the squad that faced Onduparaka is available for selection.
We want to win the game. We want to get the three points. What comes with in the game is another thing all together. Unfortunately Gift Ali is out due to injury, but the teenagers form the U20 tournament Kafumbe Joseph and Bukenya Kizza have been cleared to play. Our ambition is to win the league and also play well. We are playing at 50% and we are only supposed to stay at that or better that but not go down.Mike Mutebi, KCCA FC Manager
Lethal striker Brian Aheebwa, signed as a free agent after the expiry of his employment contract at Mbarara City will be facing his former paymasters for the first time.
Aheebwa has 5 goals in 2 matches, 1 against Bright Stars on the opening day and 4 off Onduparaka.
He will therefore confidently lead the KCCA line against a familiar side that he once served with diligence for more than 4 seasons since the FUFA Big League days.
Other KCCA players to include Sam Ssenyonjo, Kezironi Kizito, Ashraf Mugume, Mazengo Loro, Denis Iguma, Hassan Musana, Herbert Achai, Andrew Kigozi and captain Charles Lukwago (goalkeeper) will be expected to feature.
Team Mbarara City still has the same squad that faced SC Villa in Bombo.
Muhammed Ssekebba will retain his first choice goalkeeper’s berth.
Skipper Hillary Mukundane, Jasper Aheebwa, Ivorian Bamba Souleyman, John Adriko, Stephen Othieno, midfielder Pisitis Barenge, Ibrahim Magandaazi, Salim Huud, former KCCA player Solomon Okwalinga as well as forwards Jude Ssemugabi, Uganda U-20 player Raymond Onyai and Bashir Mutanda are all available to stage a spirited fight.
FIFA Referee Ali Sabilla Chelengat will handle the match.
Chelengat will be assisted by Dick Okello and Samuel Mbabali as first and second assistants respectively.
Diana Murungi is the fourth official as Catherine Adipo will be the assigned referees’ assessor for the 4 PM kick-off duel.
About 200 fans were cleared by FUFA to access this match.
- Referee: Ali Sabilla Chelengat
- Assistant Referee 1: Dick Okello
- Assistant Referee 2: Samuel Mbabali
- Fourth official: Diana Murungi
- Referee Assessor: Catherine Adipo
Other Matches on Friday, December 11, 2020:
MYDA Vs Onduparaka – King George Stadium, Tororo (4 PM)
- Referee: Ali Kaddu
- Assistant Referee 1: Mustafa Mafumu
- Assistant Referee 2: Richard Mugerwa
- Fourth Official: Godfrey Sajjabi
- Referee Assessor: Magaret Kubingi
Busoga United Vs Kyetume – FUFA Technical Centre, Njeru (4 PM)
- Referee: Rajab Bakasambe
- Assistant Referee 1: Isa Masembe
- Assistant Referee 2: Robson Atusinguza
- Fourth Official: Anna Akoyi
- Referee Assessor: Ali Kalyango
Express Vs Soltilo Bright Stars – Betway Muteesa II Memorial Stadium, Wankulukuku
- Referee: Mashood Ssali
- Assistant Referee 1: Ronald Katenya
- Assistant Referee 2: Stephen Kimayo
- Fourth Official: Lucky Kasalirwe
- Referee Assessor: Denis Batte
Saturday, 12th December 2020:
Wakiso Giants Vs Vipers – Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium, Wakiso (3 PM)
- Referee: Joseph Ochom
- Assistant Referee 1: Malex Nakitto
- Assistant Referee 2: Gilbery Ngyendo
- Fourth Official: Muzamiru Waiswa
- Referee Assessor: Amin Aziz Bbosa
Kitara Vs Police – Kavumba Recreational Stadium (4 PM)
- Referee: George Olemu
- Assistant Referee 1: Emmanuel Okudra
- Assistant Referee 2: Ahmed Kakembo
- Fourth Official: Timothy Gumisiza
- Referee Assessor: Samuel Egesa Wesonga
UPDF Vs BUL – Bombo Military Stadium (4 PM)
- Referee: Alex Muhabi
- Assistant Referee 1: Jane Mutonyi
- Assistant Referee 2: Tonny Ajir
- Fourth Official: Paul Omara
- Referee Assessor: Yusuf Awuye
URA Vs Sports Club Villa – Arena of Visions, Ndejje University Main Campus – Luwero (4 PM)
- Referee: William Oloya
- Assistant Referee 1: Lee Okello
- Assistant Referee 2: Docus Atuhaire
- Fourth Official: John Bosco Kalibbala
- Referee Assessor: Brian Miiro Nsubuga